Another budget question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another budget question

The paper the attorney gave us as the basic mortages, utilties, phone, recreations, even clothes. But what about personal care? Are we not alllowed to wash our hair or get it cut? I'm assuming home maintenance is where you would put cleaners. I'm working on the budget and i'm trying to get it to zero but it leaves things out. Should i worry about that? Or is hair cutting considered a recreation? We can cut each others and make it fun! LOL
    Also things like gifts. Do you not list these especially if you don't have enough income to figure them in?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

make a list of everything you can think of and turn it in with the form the attorney gave you. It is crucial to think of everything, a budget can make or break you in a 13.
    Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
    Plan approved- 7/11/05
    Date discharged--10-12-2007
    Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Originally posted by arkienurse View Post
      make a list of everything you can think of and turn it in with the form the attorney gave you. It is crucial to think of everything, a budget can make or break you in a 13.

We are filing a ch7. We are so poor to begin with. LOL We are negative if we put to much or to many things.

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
        We are filing a ch7. We are so poor to begin with. LOL We are negative if we put to much or to many things.
        I would still be sure to have an accurate account, even if it doesn't make a lot of difference for a 7. At least you will have a fairly accurate idea where your money is going, to see if there are areas you can trim after the bk is over to help avoid going through this again.
        Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
        Plan approved- 7/11/05
        Date discharged--10-12-2007
        Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

You may need to call your attorney's office and get clarification, because hair cuts, laundry and cleaners bills, shoes, clothes--those are all allowable within limits. In fact there are published budget figures for most of these items.

Here's an IRS link where you can find acceptable spending figures for various categories. You can click on the categories.

Comment

Originally posted by arkienurse View Post
            I would still be sure to have an accurate account, even if it doesn't make a lot of difference for a 7. At least you will have a fairly accurate idea where your money is going, to see if there are areas you can trim after the bk is over to help avoid going through this again.
            Yes this is giving us a good idea of our budget/finances etc. The problem now is my mom has been helping us out. I know some of the things on the budget are paid for with our tax refunds. We always used our property tax return for school/winter clothes. We figured $ for wood. But we buy a truck load with our income tax refund.

We already know we don't make enough $.

The problem is them question our amounts and how we can live on such little amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillymanhere View Post
              You may need to call your attorney's office and get clarification, because hair cuts, laundry and cleaners bills, shoes, clothes--those are all allowable within limits. In fact there are published budget figures for most of these items.

Here's an IRS link where you can find acceptable spending figures for various categories. You can click on the categories.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/artic...=96543,00.html
              The form they gave us has places for clothes and laundry/cleaners. We are within the limits but we don't have enough to put very much if any for other things. If we put the standards we would need to make alot more money.

Comment

Does anbody have a system for budgets. Like we bring home $3000 a month and it tells you what what percent for each thing?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X