Yikes, its only been a week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes, its only been a week!

Our first payment we stopped was the 15th of this month. They must be trying to get in calls before the holidays. We have had at least 10 calls today. Not sure if its is the same creditor, it comes up toll free. 3 different numbers. We won't file until February. Hopefully we can stand all the calls. I'm sure it will only get worse.
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Yeah, the calls came about 2 weeks after we missed out payments. Have you retained an attorney yet? If not, do so and make sure that it's okay to send calls to his/her office before you retain your attonrey. We were lucky because we retained our attorney in mid May and sent all calls his way and we were suppose to file at the end of July and because of some $$ pitfalls, our BK filing has been delayed, hopefully we'll have the rest of the $$ for the BK and file in Jan.

Good Luck!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention, you might want to pick up the phone and talk to the creditors every once in awhile because they WILL start calling your work, family memebers, neighbors. Yikes!
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I know. I am only a couple of weeks since no payment as well. Chase and Wells Fargo has been calling since last week. All have only been automated voice messages though. No actual people yet. Ballys is the worst. they call like every couple of hours. And I plan on paying that off before bk since I only owe 300 and I need to stay working out.

Comment

Yes we have retained the attorney. No sooner did i post my original post and another one called and left a message. DH said they were calling at work for him already. Yikes, one missed payment and the sharks come out.

Comment

Ive changed jobs since all my debts have been applied for. Will they somehow look me up and find my new job and start calling me there? The new job isnt listed on my credit report either.

Comment

Wamu is the worst. They will call 20 times a day from fake numbers to get past any sort of Privacy director service and thwart call blocking. Even if you answer early in the day and say you can't pay, they will continue to call the rest of the day.

I clearly state my name on my voice mail and say that I prefer to do ll business via US Mail. I repeat that information twice. Some creditors have called my sister and my work - fortunately I forward my work # to my home.

I will be signing papers before the end of the year so cn send calls to my attorney then.
              March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
              Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

Yep, I'm thinking that's why Discover snagged $1200 out of bank accts, the end of the year.

Nice Christmas present... Azzholes.
                02/05/09 Filed BK7
                03/11/09 341 Hearing
                05/20/09 Discharged!

Comment

If you really want to see who it is calling, just Google the numbers. I only had one call my work and I told them that they could not call because it was a personal matter. I never heard from them at my work number again. Most were calling my cell or home number.

Most never called more than 4-5 times a day on either phone.

BoA is sneaky though. They resorted to sending text messages. Good thing I have unlimited texting through my plan at work.
                  sigpic
                  Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
                  Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
                  Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

BofA sent an email to my work address.

Proof I never saw myself in this position, otherwise I never would have given out my work phone or email!
                    March 2009 - Filed Ch 13 April 2009 - 341 Meeting
                    Sept 2009 - Confirmed April 2014 Plan completed May 2014 - Discharged!!

Comment

I get between 20-40 calls a days with work and cell...I've turned off my ringer at the salon and put my cell on vibrate...I am getting people leaving messages now..some of them sound very official...

Comment

I just googled the numbers. One problem we have is having his and her accounts with the same creditor. So if they call him i'm sure they will be calling me. So double the calls.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyRip View Post
                          Yep, I'm thinking that's why Discover snagged $1200 out of bank accts, the end of the year.

Nice Christmas present... Azzholes.
                          Can they do that?

Comment

Tons of calls even on Christmas Eve! Buttheads!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TooMuchCredit View Post
                              BofA sent an email to my work address.

Proof I never saw myself in this position, otherwise I never would have given out my work phone or email!
                              And that is why I always used my cell as my work number. I'm still trying to figure how Juniper got my work number, as it isn't even on my credit report. I have really old phone numbers on the report.
                              sigpic
                              Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
                              Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
                              Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X