Pre/Post Credit Counseling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre/Post Credit Counseling question

Question regarding required credit counseling.
    Do we have to go with the same company for post counseling as we did for pre counseling?
    Thanks for help.
    Michelle
    Discharge 1/19/2009

Don't know if you HAVE to, but it would be advisable. You already know the first one's yadi, yadi, blah, blah ways - and you already paid their fees. Those fees might include the second portion of the "counseling".
    Speaking from my point of view - who never had to go through this, as I filed in 2004.

Comment

No.
      Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
      341 Meeting: 1/7/09
      Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
      Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Hopefully this worthless debt counseling provision will soon be gotten rid of. Just another way to line these companies' pockets, and waste the consumers' time.

Comment

Originally posted by magyar123 View Post
          Don't know if you HAVE to, but it would be advisable. You already know the first one's yadi, yadi, blah, blah ways - and you already paid their fees. Those fees might include the second portion of the "counseling".
          Speaking from my point of view - who never had to go through this, as I filed in 2004.
          Thanks, but no we do not get any sort of kickback. It is a flat $50.00 either way. I found another company that would do it for $14.95 a person, so that saves us $20.00. I am going to check with my lawyers office today when they open. I'll let you all know then. I am thinking the answer is no also, just want to be sure.
          Thanks again.
          Michelle
          Discharge 1/19/2009

Comment

NO, you do not have to use the same counseling provider.

I used two different ones, the post was much cheaper than the pre

The company that I used for the pre wanted to charge 35.00 for the post, I found one for 14.95 and used that for the post.

Just make sure they are approved for your court/district.

They will usually have some sort of statement saying they are approved in all districts or something similar. Just make sure they are before you purchase.

Sometimes lawyers include the counseling in their fees and you do it in their office, see if your lawyer charged for it already, you might have already paid for it.

Comment

I called and you are correct. No was the answer. And yes it was approved and only 14.95 per person. So much cheaper. Thanks for everyones input and help!
              Schel
              Discharge 1/19/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X