Your Opinion on The Price Law Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Opinion on The Price Law Group

I may be signing for representation (Chapter 13) with the Price Law Group. I've already met with an attorney at a local branch (www.pricelawgroup) and would like to know:

1. If you used them, did they do a good job representing your case?

2. If you decided to use another attorney, why did you not use the @rice Law Group?

Your opinions and comments regarding their services are much appreciated.

One thing I've heard is they have excellent customer service.
    Filed March 2009

1. PLG...all the "work" is performed by a centralized staff of paralegals at the home office. So in many respects, they are no better than a doc prep service...garbage in, garbage out.

2. The local attorney is paid a token fee so that they can use his law license in order to file cases in your district. The expectation of the local attorney is that he will meet with you for a consultation, give a token review of your case, and attend the 341 meeting.

3. The quality of your representation depends on the conscientousness of the local attorney.

I probably would not use them for a chapter 13.

Bottom line, they are a Document Prep outfit with a local attorney who gets paid a few hundred dollars so they can say that you are represented by an attorney and charge you more money.

They are not bad for routine chapter 7 cases, but for anything beyond that, IMHO, they cannot handle it.
    Last edited by HHM; 01-14-2009, 09:49 PM.

Comment

simon , please do not use plus signs or other special characters in thread titles
      www.BankruptcyForum.com

Comment

That's the feeling I got from them HHM. The weird thing about the PLG was when I had my first meeting with them a month ago, everyone in the office was in "jeans!" For crying out loud, I thought I was going to meet a professional staff, but was shocked to see everyone in casual clothing.

Secondly, I had this strange feeling they were kind of a "cookie cutter" factory type of firrm.
        Filed March 2009

Comment

Simon -This is the firm that I have retained for chapter 13, I met with 3 other attorneys They gave great advise on how to get things in order prior to filing. I live in Las Vegas and have found them to be very good so far. They return phone calls and respond to email within 15 minutes even after hours the attorney I met with has returned messages at 8 or 9 at night. I can tell you I am a professional and work for a professional company and we have a very casual dress code and I wear jeans almost every day. I would not base your opinion on office dress to determine if they are able to do the job you hire them for.
          Filed 2/3/09
          341 Meeting 3/31/09
          Motion to value 2nd hearing 5/7/09 motion granted
          Confirmation hearing 6/4/09 - CONFIRMED

Comment

Thanks for the feedback "gettingby"

Out of curiosity, what did you pay them to get your process started and what type of paperwork did you fillout/turn in to them (I.e. Copies of tax forms, credit card bills, etc)

They told me they wanted $274 for the bk-13 court fee and $300 for admin fees.
            You mentioned the return of phone calls/emails and that is one thing I like very much. Like you, I am a professional who is very busy and the last thing I need is to chase down my attorney for a simple question.

Also, they wanted to charge me $100 for the bk pre-financial counseling certificate. I got mine for $50at another place. Did they up sell that program to you?
            Filed March 2009

Comment

Thanks for the feedback "gettingby"

Out of curiosity, what did you pay them to get your process started and what type of paperwork did you fillout/turn in to them (I.e. Copies of tax forms, credit card bills, etc)

They told me they wanted $274 for the bk-13 court fee and $300 for admin fees.
              You mentioned the return of phone calls/emails and that is one thing I like very much. Like you, I am a professional who is very busy and the last thing I need is to chase down my attorney for a simple question.

Also, they wanted to charge me $100 for the bk pre-financial counseling certificate. I got mine for $50at another place. Did they up sell that program to you?
              Filed March 2009

Comment

Simon-I paid them a 300 retainer and then paid them an additional 1200. They will put 3K into the plan. I gave them tax returns and paystub copies since July forward. We are doing a lien strip of 50k and in addition we have appx 125,000 unsecured debt. They estimate our plan payment to be around 1000. We met at the Las Vegas office however our attorney works out of the Encino office. Like I said they have always responded immediately to my questions. I have never spoken with a paralegal only my main attorney or the another attorney who specializes more in the financial nitty gritty of things. If you would like to discuss more please feel free to send me an email. The pre/post course was included along with the fees.
                Filed 2/3/09
                341 Meeting 3/31/09

Comment

Originally posted by gettingby2008 View Post
                  Simon-I paid them a 300 retainer and then paid them an additional 1200. They will put 3K into the plan. I gave them tax returns and paystub copies since July forward. We are doing a lien strip of 50k and in addition we have appx 125,000 unsecured debt. They estimate our plan payment to be around 1000. We met at the Las Vegas office however our attorney works out of the Encino office. Like I said they have always responded immediately to my questions. I have never spoken with a paralegal only my main attorney or the another attorney who specializes more in the financial nitty gritty of things. If you would like to discuss more please feel free to send me an email. The pre/post course was included along with the fees.
                  Can you say "forum plant"

In any event, if you feel comfortable with them, fine; if not, there are plenty of other "local" attorneys that can handle your case.

Comment

Whats a "forum plant"
                    Filed 2/3/09
                    341 Meeting 3/31/09

Comment

Originally posted by gettingby2008 View Post
                      Whats a "forum plant"
                      I am just messing with you...but what I mean by forum plant is that one method of spamming services is have one person ask a question about a specific thing (kinda like this thread) and then another user (the Forum Plant) comes in an says very good things about the service.

This reason, and others, is why we discourage discussion of specific attorney's and services...you really don't know who the other person is that is talking about the service.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X