Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confused, please help

Motion filed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a letter from the trustee that the investigation for my bankruptcy was concluded and I did not need to meet with the trustee anymore. I surrendered my vehicle instead of signing their reaffirmation agreement. Yesterday, I received in the mail a notice of motion and motion for relief from the automatic stay with supporting declarations personal property on the vehicle I surrendered. Does anyone know what this is and what are they looking for? The paperwork says it is Ford Motor Co vs me and the trustee. The only $$ amount I see in the paperwork is that I had -227.94 in the vehicle. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

No worries. As part of the reposession process, they are required to file a motion with the court for relief from stay.

It's all good!

K
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Ok great! Do I still need to show up for the Court date?

Comment

Originally posted by cptne33 View Post
        Ok great! Do I still need to show up for the Court date?
        No, you do not.
        Bankruptcy History:
        Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
        Discharged - 02/16/2006
        Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X