Why are online payments not allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are online payments not allowed?

I pay EVERYTHING on the internet. I'm talking EVERYTHING including my water bill. After I filed my access to all of my accounts has been locked including the one for Chrysler Financial.

This is the only one that I've really had any issues with as they are *******S and they won't take a payment over the phone without charging $12.95 to do so. I've tried to get around it and everything else to no avail.

I closed my checking account so I don't have checks, don't wanna pay them the extra $$, and had to go get temp checks to mail but I have no faith that they'll actually get posted to my account.

Why the hell can't I make payments that I want to make? It infuriates me that I'm trying to give these people money and they make it so damn hard. Makes me wanna kick something!

First of all - if you don't have a checking account how did you previously pay online?
    Who locked you out? Your own bank's website, or your creditors' websites?
    Whenever you go online to either your bank's site or the creditors' sites and you accidentally misspell your username(s) or pasword(s) you will remain locked out.

Comment

No no no. I CLOSED my checking account and opened another one, the checks hadn't come in yet so I had to get temp checks.

I pay online at the creditors websites, discover, chase, citibank, GMAC, Chrysler, ect ect. THOSE WEBSITES canceled my ability to pay online due to filing.

Comment

Join the club. All of my creditors locked me out except Wachovia. My mortgge lender informed me that they will reinstate access to me after discharge.
        Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
        341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
        Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by Confused33 View Post
          No no no. I CLOSED my checking account and opened another one, the checks hadn't come in yet so I had to get temp checks.

I pay online at the creditors websites, discover, chase, citibank, GMAC, Chrysler, ect ect. THOSE WEBSITES canceled my ability to pay online due to filing.

You can probably still pay online using bill pay that's free at many banks now.

The difference is the direction of the transaction. An automatic payment originated by your mortgage company requires them to TAKE money from your checking account. The same transaction originated by the bank involves the bank GIVING the mortgage company the payment.

In the end the money changes hands but most businesses won't TAKE anything from your accounts during the automatic stay. Use your bank's bill pay to GIVE the payments and you'll find they're acceptind without question.

Kind of a subtle difference but it does work.
          Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

now you say you pay at their websites. would being locked out including online banking/bill pay. I use Microsoft money and have the funds electronically transfered (epay) to each creditor and/or utility .
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I'm going to set up my bill pay tonight. I never used it for some reason. Thanks for the idea!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X