Bank Payment Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Payment Accounts

I went into all of my CC accounts and deleted all of my bank info. I used to pay them by going to their sites and clicking the payment.

One of my accounts BoA will not let me delete my checking account info unless I add another account to take it's place.

If I leave that checking account open, can they just take the money without my authorization? If they can do that, I will have to close that account. It only has a couple of dollars in it, but if they used it, I would be responsible for the overdraft fees, etc.

And even though I deleted all of the info on my main checking account, they still have that info from past payments. Could/would they take advantage of that to get unauthorized money from me?

I can't file till April, so I know that my unsecureds are gonna do anything they can to get $ from me.

D......

I had this happen to me with Bank of America, we were set up with Auto pay and I went online and cancelled everything and they still pulled the payment from my account. I immediately went to the bank and opened a new account. I then called B of A and explaned to them tht I had cancelled the auto payas due 3 weeks before it was due and that I had the cancellation paper printed, they actually refunded the autopay to my account in 5 days. This payment was 790.00. I would suggest opening a new bank account.
    Filed 2/3/09
    341 Meeting 3/31/09
    Motion to value 2nd hearing 5/7/09 motion granted
    Confirmation hearing 6/4/09 - CONFIRMED

Comment

I assume that your curremt bank - from which you used to make payments to your creditors and BofA - is not BofA.
      Just completely close that bank account. If BofA tries to deduct a payment from that account your current bank will just return it to them with the comment "account closed".

Comment

I will go ahead and close the second account. And no, none of my accounts were with BoA.

The first account that we use all of the time cannot be closed because it is where my husbands LTD payment goes. I went in and deleted all of the info from that account with all of the cc's.

And I never had automatic payments. I had it set up so I would have to log into each cc account and make the payment by inputting the amount and date to be posted. So if they do try and take money, it will be unauthorized. If that makes any difference.

D....

Comment

Originally posted by gettingby2008 View Post
          I had this happen to me with Bank of America, we were set up with Auto pay and I went online and cancelled everything and they still pulled the payment from my account. I immediately went to the bank and opened a new account. I then called B of A and explaned to them tht I had cancelled the auto payas due 3 weeks before it was due and that I had the cancellation paper printed, they actually refunded the autopay to my account in 5 days. This payment was 790.00. I would suggest opening a new bank account.
          I thought they had to get a judgement to withdraw from your bank account without permission?
          "Don't let your wants overload your a**"
          (author unknown)

Comment

Hi,

Although, I never set up "auto payments", I used to pay my cc by going to their sites and clicking the "pay" button. I tried delete my banking info from the cc sites, but it won't let me without adding another bank account. I stopped paying my ccs in mid May and no one has touched my banking account without my authorization (knocking on wood ). Good Luck!
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Liz...Have you filed BK yet. You say you stopped paying in May....what have they done to try to get their money?

I am stopping this month...in fact first one I missed was the 17th. There are 6 of them ranging from $1,500 to $10,000 each totalling about 24-25K. I am just wondering what will happen. How soon will they resort to filing legal action?

I am filing BK in late April.

D......

Comment

Originally posted by DaisysMom View Post
                Liz...Have you filed BK yet. You say you stopped paying in May....what have they done to try to get their money?

I am stopping this month...in fact first one I missed was the 17th. There are 6 of them ranging from $1,500 to $10,000 each totalling about 24-25K. I am just wondering what will happen. How soon will they resort to filing legal action?

I am filing BK in late April.

D......
                Hi D,
                Yes, I stopped paying the cc's in mid May '08 (72k debt) and just referred the calls to my attorney. I'm filing ch 13 and need to pay my attorney in full before he works on my BK . I hope to be filed in Feb., but I haven't heard a peep from the creditors.

Good Luck!
                May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

That is why I am filing in April...need to pay the lawyer plus have house appraised plus save pay stubs. I never kept them. DUH!

I can't wait to get it going though. Will be a big relief.

Thank you for the response.

D...

Comment

I think it's prudent to change all bank accounts once you stop paying, and remove those bank accounts from their websites, in case a rogue agent puts something through or if they catch you in a weak moment and convince you to make a payment.

Interestingly today, I got a settlement offer from Citi willing to take 60% of the balance as payment (or settled) in full. Account is only about 90 days late, but it's my biggest one.
                    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

When they offer you a discount...they want you to pay the entire account off in cash? Right? Like if I got an offer for 60% of my 10K cc...they would want 6K in cash. If I had that kind of cash I wouldn't be in the spot I'm in.

D...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X