Rent- questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent- questions

I need to move and I have no idea how to approach the apt or leasing agents with the BK 7 with a forclousure. Any body have any expereince on that>? what is a reasonable deposit for having a dirt high fico score. Please advise, I need to move by FEB 1 09 thanks

you should move this thread to either "chapter 7 bk" or "general bk" to get more answers. You posted under the "buying a car thread".
    Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
    341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
    Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
    Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Grider View Post
      I need to move and I have no idea how to approach the apt or leasing agents with the BK 7 with a forclousure. Any body have any expereince on that>? what is a reasonable deposit for having a dirt high fico score. Please advise, I need to move by FEB 1 09 thanks
      mods, please relocate this thread. OP, i did not have to pay any additional deposit but it may depend on individual situations as well as the area you're trying to move into. as tough as life is for those of us who have filed bk, it is not much easier for those landlords or realty firms managing properties they can't seem to keep people in due to the economy. be honest up front, be frank about why you filed and what's different now. you should be ok. provided your bk is discharged.
      Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
      (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

You do not have to wait until your BK is discharged to rent something. It is much easier to work with private properties than apartment complexes. Call a realtor, explain your situation and they will find you something. There are many places from which to choose - if you have a foreclosure after your BK, it should not show on your CR. Bring a copy of your cr report to your meeting. If you need a place by Feb, get started now.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

i was asked repeatedly by property managers if my bk was discharged yet. it might matter.
          Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
          (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X