Washington Mutual Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington Mutual Calls

Due to serious medical issues and mounting bills with my husband's health care, we are going to have to file Bankruptcy very soon.

All of our CC's were paid up through December.

In the last week, several companies have called concerning their January payment being late. All of them except Washington Mutual have been very considerate and their calls have stopped (probably for a week or so - I'm sure).

Washington Mutual has been relentless. I will answer the call, explain to them our situation and within 4 hours, sometimes the same person calls back. They are calling Sunday - Saturday from 8:00 AM until 9:00 PM.

I'm sure others have dealt with them before? Any clues as to how to handle this? Are they one of the worse to deal with?

How to handle it is difficult if you are late but have not filed BK or anything else to cease the calls. The creditor can continue to call you unless they have an order to cease. You can write them a cease and desist letter. We have some areas of the forum that discusses this under the Collections section (http://www.bkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4). You can ask that the creitor only contact you by mail and that will help ease the call volume. Just be aware that collection efforts will continue on-and-on.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Remember - they're not Washington Mutual anymore - now they're Chase.

Comment

WAMU has to be my stupidest creditor. I gave them my magic jack phone# before I went into default and they're still calling it, even though my wife and I have 8 other Chase accounts in default. And that's the first card we defaulted on.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Chase is terrible. They called the office every 20 minutes from several different phone numbers and on the weekends it was so bad at the house I had to take my phone off the hook.

They will stop if you say you are filing bk and have a lawyer. If it drags on for along time (like it has for my dad) they will eventually put you with a collection agency.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X