Missouri Western District Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri Western District Trustee

Anyone have any experience with the chapter 13 trustee they want to share? Just curious as I'll likely file in a month or so.

We're in the same district! I'm a Ch 7 case, so I don't know how much insight I can share on Ch 13 specific things, but so I far I feel like we're in a relatively easy district compared to some of the horror stories I've read here.

We are 48 days into our 60 day wait and haven't really had any bumps even though we fully expected some. We are above the median (combined gross is about 80,000) and probably filed too early as we used our credit cards for purchases and BTs all the up until we filed. I just knew we'd have problems but so far, so good.

At our 341 the trustee asked a lot of questions, mostly about how we were able to stay current on all of our cc's right up until filing. We had minimum payments over 1000 and he wanted to know how we were able to do it. I was completely honest and explained that really we hadn't, we would just BT from card to another every month or take cash advances to pay bills. All of our regular expenses (gas, groceries, etc.) were charged on cards to free up money to pay bills. He asked for 6 months of credit card and bank statements to verify this, but he gave the impression that as long as we could verify it, we'd be ok. We were able to get all of the statements to him except for 2 and he seems to be happy with what he got. We haven't heard a peep from him since and all looks good on pacer.

After reading this forum I am shocked that we haven't had more problems, but it was pretty clear how our money was spent and I was as open and honest as possible, so hopefully all will be well.

Have you filed yet? Do you have any specific questions about the district? I think there is at least one other poster from our district on here-not sure if he's a 7 or a 13.

Good Luck!

Editing because I just reread that you hadn't filed yet--for what it's worth, I'm way impressed with my attorney if you're shopping for one PM me.

Originally posted by coopersmydog View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the chapter 13 trustee they want to share? Just curious as I'll likely file in a month or so.
    Last edited by yuckhatethis; 02-06-2009, 07:28 AM.

Comment

check your PMs. I'd like the name of your attorney.

Comment

I'm also in the same district! My lawyer told me that every single trustee in MOWestern district is reasonable. We don't have "that one crazy one" here.

Honestly, he was amazing, and made me feel very at ease. He is very accessable through his paralegal, and is just a really nice guy. Also very involved in the community.
        Filed Chapter 7 12/31/08 341 Meeting 2/3/09 No Asset 2/16/09 Discharged 04/08/09 :)

:yahoo: Closed 04/30/09 :yahoo:

Comment

Where do I find out what district I am in for Mo.?
          We (cross our fingers) should be filing 2 months out max.

Comment

I think there are only two districts-Eastern and Western. I could be wrong though. I know KC and Springfield are both in the Western district.

Originally posted by Over our heads View Post
            Where do I find out what district I am in for Mo.?
            We (cross our fingers) should be filing 2 months out max.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X