What have you learned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetpotato View Post
    Why are there not more posts about avoiding BK on this forum?
    Because this is a forum to help people who are going through the bankruptcy process.

Comment

Thanks for your post mgm. I respectivily disagree. There are many people who post a 'help me, I owe money' post and they need advice about what to do and the best advice might be:

1. debt renegociation
      2. earn more money and spend less
      3. BK
      4. sell the luxery items you cannot afford
      5. etc...

Here is a ad from the bkforum.com screen I am looking at:

'Avoiding Bankruptcy
      Get a Free Bankruptcy Evaluation By A Lawyer in Ohio Today. '

Originally posted by mgmadara View Post
      Because this is a forum to help people who are going through the bankruptcy process.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpotato View Post
        Thanks for your post mgm. I respectivily disagree. There are many people who post a 'help me, I owe money' post and they need advice about what to do and the best advice might be:

1. debt renegociation
        2. earn more money and spend less
        3. BK
        4. sell the luxery items you cannot afford
        5. etc...

Here is a ad from the bkforum.com screen I am looking at:

'Avoiding Bankruptcy
        Get a Free Bankruptcy Evaluation By A Lawyer in Ohio Today. '

You can disagree all you want but the reality is this is a forum for people who are filing bankruptcy and need advice. It is called the BKForum, after all. If you disagree with bankruptcy perhaps you can find another board where people are looking for ways to avoid bankruptcy and offer your advice there. Most people that come to this forum have already tried many ways to avoid bankruptcy and have not been successful.

As for the ads, the forum has no control over which ads are being placed here.

Comment

To sweetpotato, help me understand what your beef is...

1.) is it the ads (google ads?) that claim to help people "avoid BK"....that u feel run counter to the key premise of why this site exists?

OR

2.) you dont see the connection of why someone would sign up into this forum and ..."post a 'help me, I owe money' question instead of "help me understand how to deal with overwhelming debt"?

If your beef is with point # 1, then what's up with your other question about ..."Why are there not more posts about avoiding BK on this forum?"
          2009-Jan: Retained Atty
          2009-Oct: Filed Ch7
          2009-Nov: 341 held
          2010-Jan: Discharged on Pacer

Comment

I learned lightning can strike the same spot twice. Ch7 in 1990 due to back surgery and consequent unemployment. Ch7 in 2008 due to both my wife and I losing jobs and getting took hook, line, and sinker living the american dream of home ownership. "Oh yeah, you can afford this house" - - Famous last words of the builder's mortgage comapany.

Comment

LOL Sweetpotato/Hartfordson, if you are going to come in under two different names (sock puppets) at least have enough common sense to try to change your writing style so you are not so transparent.

And, stop pm/ing me for as soon as I see your name, I hit delete.

I truly do not want you banned as we need some comic relief here once in awhile.

Comment

The reason I responded in that way is because that really isn't that much debt to file bk over.
                Your reponses are geared towards the moral and ethical implications of bk. Something that this forums memebers aren't really interested in hashing out. People come here for advice and information and often times support and handholding. Nobody is interested in judgmental responses. This is a bk forum and that's the way we roll.
                I think you're here {hartsfordson} just to create some tension. Hopefully the mods are viewing this thread and will show you the cyberdoor.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X