NEW MEDIAN INCOME NUMBERS Effective 3-15-09 Now Published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW MEDIAN INCOME NUMBERS Effective 3-15-09 Now Published

Well, we were expecting it -- the new Median Income numbers from the Census are out and effective the 15th of next month.

How'd you do in your region? Up or down? Anyone on the borderline now find themselves on the OTHER SIDE now?

Edit: Seems the DOJ site link to the new page is not working... Hmmm... Maybe later today they'll have the page update completed.

Check your new number here:

http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/meanstesting.htm
    Last edited by BornAgain; 02-25-2009, 01:03 PM.

I am anxiously waiting for the link to work since we were hoping to file around the 16th of March. Our average income is about $50 below the average in our area, but our current income is way less now. If we have to wait so be it, we just want to file and get rid off all this medical debt.

Comment

The link is now updated and live! Looks like the median incomes increased, at least for Texas. Now I pass the means test without having to complete it.

Comment

Looks like Massachusetts has increased as well
        Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
        341 Meeting - 08/13/08
        DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
        CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

OK, I have a stupid question.

What link are you clicking on and seeing this info?

I scrolled to the bottom of that page and clicked on the one that said:

"The original source for the State Median Family Income is the Census Bureau. "

From there I clicked on "state median income by number of earners"... then an Excel file popped up, I scrolled down to my state (Florida) and it said for a family of one wage earner (which would be moi) .... the median income is $40,898 which is a difference of $457.

Am I doing this right? At the top of the page it says they're using 2007 dollars so I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BornAgain View Post
            Well, we were expecting it -- the new Median Income numbers from the Census are out and effective the 15th of next month.

How'd you do in your region? Up or down? Anyone on the borderline now find themselves on the OTHER SIDE now?

Edit: Seems the DOJ site link to the new page is not working... Hmmm... Maybe later today they'll have the page update completed.

Check your new number here:

http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/meanstesting.htm
            California went up! yay! to 65k for 2
            Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
            341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
            Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
            Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Woo Hoo!!!!

With the new numbers posted today, I went from just over the median to just under!!!

Yes friends, the grass is greener on the other side!!

Comment

!!!!!!!!!!!! We just went from squeaking by by about $100 to a couple thousand under. YAYAYAYAYZ
                Read the Blog: My Personal Experience With Bankruptcy

Comment

I already filed so it doesn't affect me now, but it looks like CA went up appx. $3k for a family of four.
                  Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                  341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                  Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                  Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Actually, all of the medians went up. Because they did not actually collect new data, these numbers are just adjusted by the consumer price index. So, each and every median income listed went up by 3.8%.

When the census collects new data, then some states can go up and some can go down.

Good news for the bankrupt.

Comment

I am so confused.

Comment

city I think you're looking for this

$42,468 based on your first post in this thread

Comment

Thank you, Duncan! I knew I was doing something wrong.

Comment

Ok, so with my job loss we are $50 under the median...does that mean we can do a 7 instead of a 13? We want to keep the house and cars though.

Comment

This is awesome. I have a couple clients that were VERY borderline, they will now pass the means test. They will be happy, neither one wanted a chapter 13.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X