above median after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

above median after all

CRAP!!!! I just did the actual numbers and we are above median for the past six months. Grr! I never thought I would see the day that I would be upset about making a couple thousand more in the last six months. Now we have a mess. We are supposed to meet with the attorney on Saturday and we have to pay the Chapter 7 cost up front on Saturday morning before we go over the paperwork. Using IRS standards, we pass the means test, but for some reason the attorneys in this area (and not just ours) use "actual" expenses and not IRS standards to determine your expenses and don't allow the IRS standards for food, etc. I am so frustrated by this mess I would just like to run off to another country and hide for the rest of my life! I don't want to be forced into a Chapter 13, but I am afraid that is what will happen. HELP!

I've also lately found and heard of lawyers who are just not willing to push for the 7 if you're not under media- too much more work and problems for them. You may have to poke around for a better lawyer who will explicitly tell ya he's willing to go that distance with you.
    Read the Blog: My Personal Experience With Bankruptcy

Comment

We went through the same thing last October when we wanted to file Chapter 7. My wife had just lost her job and I cannot work due to medical problems myself so all we had was the retirement.
      But her income over the last 6 put us over so we had to wait until March to file the Chapter 7. It's been a real pain with collections and such too.
      At least we had an option.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X