My situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My situation

I have no idea if this is the right forum to place this. Feel free to move it if it isn't. First post by the way.

I currently have around 28k in debt (3 year old hospital bills from MO, car, and personal credit cards). I recently lost a job due to downsizing and am now making about 1/2 of what I was previously. I make enough to keep up with the payments unless the hospital bills come back to get me. I say I make enough, but the only reason I can keep my head above water is due to the fact I had some savings before I lost my previous job.

Pretty standard so far right? Here comes the differential. I am planning on leaving to go do Volunteer work in California. The details aren't really important but, it will be very long term (a year or longer) and even though I will be provided with room and board I will only receive a $130 dollar a month stipend.

What should I do? There is obviously no way I can pay the debts owed if I do this, I'll lose the car, which isn't needed where I am going, and I basically am starting over. Heck, I may never leave where I am going to.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by ish412; 03-05-2009, 09:36 AM.

You have no icome-nothing anyone can take. I'd just stop paying and walk away. When it comes time to reenter the workforce. then you can decide if bk is the right choice or not.

Comment

If you will be making only $130/month, you are considered judgement proof. They can't garnish you and can't afford repayment. I agree with keepmine, just stop paying and start over but keep in mind that if your financial situation changes for the better they could come after you in the future and you can deal with it then. Good luck.
      Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
      341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
      Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X