How are you suppose to save up before bk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you suppose to save up before bk

if you need to have expenses in the negatives? I mean, I need to come up with 2-3K for my atty- if I need all these expenses, how the heck does that work? If I'm able to come up with 2-3K then wouldn't it be obvious that I am not in the negatives? My "monthly" expenses put me in the negatives but it's not every month that I have a new car repair to make or that my kid chips a tooth while riding his bike.

Most people save for the attorney fees by making monthly payment to the attorney until they are paid in full if you are filing a Ch 7. If you are filing a Ch 13, some attorney's will roll their fees into the plan.

Usually the extra money comes from not paying on the unsecured debt (credit cards) during that period leading up to your filing.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

In my opinion the best thing to do is not to save, make them work it out, in the longrun it will just hurt you when they decide your payments!!! If you save don't put it in your bank account, then you will have it to make your settlement payments. We are really struggling here due to a very uneducated legal assistant!!!
      Entered debt settlement in 2006
      Filed bankrupcy in 2008
      Stuck with $2,343 payment in 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X