eBay Fees in Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay Fees in Chapter 7

Just wondering if eBay fees can be included in a Chapter 7 case.

Does anyone know?

I have search the net for answers, but could not find any. I have some high eBay fee's that I just can't pay, mainly from a failed side project I had going.

I have read 2 things about not paying eBay fee's.

1.) eBay will suspend / cancel your account if you don't pay after a certain amount of time. (No big deal if they do).

2.) eBay will send your account to collections and it will effect your credit rating.

If they do not have your SS#, can they really do anything about it?

Since I was planning on filing for Chapter 7 anyway, I figured I would ask if anyone knew if eBay fee's could be included.

Thanks.
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

Yes eBay can be included, but then they would probably get your SS number at some time. At least the last four digits. Also to sign up with eBay your had to have had a credit card at some time. They can get the SS number from that by legal means. I can't see how you could rack up a bunch with eBay but your information is sparse. Ebay is only another creditor and yes they sure will cancel your account. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      Yes eBay can be included, but then they would probably get your SS number at some time. At least the last four digits. Also to sign up with eBay your had to have had a credit card at some time. They can get the SS number from that by legal means. I can't see how you could rack up a bunch with eBay but your information is sparse. Ebay is only another creditor and yes they sure will cancel your account. 'Hub
      Yes they will cancel your account but you can reopen it with a diffrent screen name.

I had to open a new one and pay for anything I buy with a prepaid visa card so dont worry.
      Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

Sure they're just another unsecured creditor.

For the person who asks how...you pay to list, even when nothing sells, as well as a final value fee when you do sell (even if the buyer never pays) that can be a pretty hefty chunk and I believe terms are about 30 days on the fees.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X