I feel good today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel good today

I have been so stressed out working with attorneys and trying to find out if a chapter 13 would work for me that I overlooked my taxes for two years.

Today I discovered that Uncle Sam owes me almost $8,000. Holy crap. I am double checking this week with the accountant to make sure, but this changes things for at least the short term.

The last two years have been hell after the divorce. If this is correct, I can get current on my bills and actually buy some clothes for the kids. My 18 yr old son has been begging for a cheep car and I just might be able to get him something. I also need the septic system pumped and some plumbing problems fixed.

I don't want to come off as gloating, because the fat lady hasn't sung yet, but my kids are gonna be so excited if I can get them some things that are so deserving.

This forum has helped me so much I can't wait!
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to have been married to the anti-christ for 16 years"

congrats on your find and I'm sure your children will be elated.

Comment

Wow! That is great for you. You deserve the break. I wish something like that would happen to me!

I don't think Uncle Sam owe me anything unfortunately - but I do owe them!

Just curious if you know what that $8,000 might be from?
      "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
      http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
      1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

Originally posted by queenfluff View Post
        Just curious if you know what that $8,000 might be from?
        Apparently I overpaid them for the two previous years. I had a review done of my last 3 years taxes and that is how it was discovered.
        "It is better to have loved and lost than to have been married to the anti-christ for 16 years"

Comment

that's great. No worries to feel you are gloating, we are happy for you!
          Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
          Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
          341 Meeting 01/05/2009
          Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X