Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled a consultion

Consultation...not consultion

After very thorough research, I have scheduled a consultation with lawyer to go over our options. I plan to consult with two or three and hopefully select the right one.

My goal is to rid myself of $52,000 of unsecured debt, reaffirm my home, and possibly do a 722 on one car that's $10,000 upside down. (Own $20,000--worth $10,000)

This forum has allowed me to find very valuable information. If someone had told me a year ago that I would be facing BK today I would have probably had a nervous break down. Today I am looking forward to it, every single step of it. I had someone very close to me tell me before he died to cherish every moment we have, even the bad ones. The bad moments help make who we are too.

I'm ready to release myself from the unsecured slavery of debt that slowly crept up on us.
    Last edited by hamburgervol; 04-16-2009, 01:26 PM. Reason: poor spelling
    6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
    10/06/2009 Discharged
    01/24/2011 Closed

I'm looking forward to it too. We're not ready yet, but are getting everything in place.

I have never been afraid of debt, but the past few years has changed my perspective and life. The only way I can ever get out of debt now is to bk. It was a tough decision to make, but now I look so forward to it.

Good luck.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I always debt was just a way of life. Sort of like when your teen says, "But Mom, everybody else is doing it". I am ready to move on with my life. I never thought I would e in this position either but once we made up our minds this was the right "business decision" for us and after finding this wonderful site with such awesome people, I am ready to look to the future with confidence and without credit card debt.
      Filed: 8-19-09
      341: 9-21-09
      Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Good luck to all of you.

I am in the same position. My debt has been growing for the past 4 years and even though I could keep up with the payments, I was going no where with them. It was getting to the point where I was paying my balances and then using them again for stuff I needed like gas, food, diapers, ect...

I have been thinking about bankruptcy for a year now and everytime I felt like I was going to go through with it, I would back down.

Not any more. I am no longer going to be held hostage from my debt. I meet with my lawyer next week to go over everything and I am planning to file around this time next month.

It will be nice to get rid of those monthly payments of close to $1000. Now I will be able to pay all my current bills with cash and have enough to put away for retirement (if there is such a thing anymore) and start saving for a house.

Again, good luck to everyone about to take the plunge.
        Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
        341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
        Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
        Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

Good luck. You have no idea how much better you will feel after consulting and filing. I used to wake every morning thinking about how to pay and going to bed still consumed by it. My marriage suffered because dw didn't have any idea of the depth of the problem.Filed separately she didn't have any debt,told her of the situation and my solution and we are mobing on. 5 weeks for creditor deadlin and 4 pmts made. Looking forward to each day now and a much better outlook on the future.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X