Can you believe this??????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you believe this??????????????

I get a call from my attorney who tells me that the TT has sent him an e mail inquiring about some baseball cards I have.

Baseball cards????????????????????????

Yes, I have some from my days as a kid but they were packed away and frankly I got rid of most of the cards that had anything more than sentimental value.

Now, I know that the criminal that stole my money who I grew up with probably called the TT to let them know about it. It had to be him since we collected as kids. OK, I will TAKE all the cards to the TT on Monday when I drop off all the new paperwork. Let them sort through them all if they want to. It's too much work if you ask me. Who knows what they are worth anyway.

If they want them they can have them at this point. I am so sick of it all.

I might just tell HIS TT about his Football card collection but let me calm down a bit before I do something stupid.

My wife says that at least she will have more room in the closet though.

Sheesh, that guy will stop at nothing. Wish he would get a real job instead of playing a priest, stealing from people and just leave us alone.
    Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Wow! This has to be a first! I bet the TT is interested to see how this pans out too.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
      Wow! This has to be a first! I bet the TT is interested to see how this pans out too.
      Well, she's gonna get a bunch of baseball cards. I hope she's a baseball fan.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

I don't know anything about baseball cards....but maybe you have a fortune sitting in that shoebox ??? LOL

Look at this site: http://www.cardpricer.com/
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

What a petty weenie!

Look at a few of them and get Ebay prices in case they become very interested. Take the ones that have the most value and see if they are selling for a significant amount, if not, bring the ebay values with you when you bring the BB cards. IF they are selling for a lot, let the TT do the work on valuation..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
            I don't know anything about baseball cards....but maybe you have a fortune sitting in that shoebox ??? LOL

Look at this site: http://www.cardpricer.com/
            Nah, trust me. Most are not in mint condition and are roughed up.

I used to know quite a bit about them.

They pay you wholesale and sell retail like anything else.

I say they might be worth $2000 AT BEST. They still fall within my exemptions anyway, I just would have to amend again.

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
              What a petty weenie!

Look at a few of them and get Ebay prices in case they become very interested. Take the ones that have the most value and see if they are selling for a significant amount, if not, bring the ebay values with you when you bring the BB cards. IF they are selling for a lot, let the TT do the work on valuation..
              Good idea. Thanks.

I did some preliminary ebay searches and most of the expensive cards are in mint condition.

mine are not so I'm not worried. prices are very low.

Comment

What does TT stand for?
                Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by relief13035 View Post
                  What does TT stand for?
                  trustee.

Comment

That's kinda like my star wars collection. It is not in a condition to be worth anything to anyone but me from my kid days .

I sold my Magic cards couple years before the bankruptcy to pay for car repairs.

Anyway mate good luck.
                    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Took my cards in

Well, I took what remained of my cards in to the TT today. Even with what I had gotten rid of about 20 years ago it was still about 7 small boxes of cards.

What a pain in the A&%!!!!!!

Drove downtown in my un-airconditioned jeep, in 95 degree heat and hauled those boxes up to her office.

Oh well, I will be at the hearing for the criminal who stole my money so he will get his.

Now the wait begins again.

Comment

I will buy your Mickey M. cards. I would deny having any cards. Just say you disposed of them years ago.

Comment

If you collected 20 years ago say between 1987-1992 they are not worth much. The cards manufacturers overprocuced like mad. There is nothing special from those years. Except maybe an 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card. But even then it better be MINT.

Comment

OK, so maybe the TT figured out that the BS about the baseball cards was all actually all BS. For Christ's sake what did they really expect to find?

Now they have moved onto other things.

They want to see the operating agreement of the company I work for. They think that I own a part of it. I WISH!!!!!!!

The TT will just spin their wheels again. I don't own any part of the company, I cannot even speak on behalf of them to the regulators.

The TT also wants to see the K-1's and distributions for our limited partnership to see if I am getting money from it. GOOD LUCK on THAT one!!!!!!

The GP's have made $5000 measly dollars in nearly two years because the operating agreement calls for a return of capital to the investors before we see anything of importance.

Of course we HOPE to make money but that is a long way off.

Sheeeesh!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I made as much money as they think I do.

And........it's all due by this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by Lajazz947; 04-29-2009, 10:16 AM.

Comment

This is a lesson to those of us who have not field yet. It is worth it to take the time to evaluate all of what you own fairly and honestly and disclose it up front. If they want to liquidate my husband's hockey cards, they can - I am sure they can get 32 cents from the paper recycler - because that is what the collection is worth right now.

I see another lesson in this - I don't want to keep spending money on what is essentially valueless. It is part of how I got into this situation to begin with.

That sucks about your vindictive old "friend".
                              Scared to file. Scared not to file.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X