Crazy Question? Finding Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Question? Finding Out?

I know BK is public record. The average joe really no idea though how to find out if somebody is/has declared BK.

I'm pretty good at internet searching people and emails.

If you did an internet seach for someone's full name could you find them on Pacer or 13datacenter?

Just Curious.

I can't find myself.

If you become some sort of case law, it could probably be found.

Also, some newspapers list bankruptcies. I just did a search on someone elses case, and their name came up in a local newspaper.

Comment

Local bankruptcy court (here) has some BK decisions online; you can do a name search or a wildcard search. Local newspaper doesn't publish BK information per se but does publish the generic "Notice to creditors" if one is used. Conversely when I lived in ND the local newspaper published virtually everything - petitioner's name and chapter, complete with asset and debt amounts!

But yeah - most people really don't care enough about your finances to actually bother with a search
      Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values - HH The Dalai Lama
      Pro Se; filed no asset Ch 7 (including back taxes): 4/09
      314 Meeting : 6/09
      Complete Discharge 7/09 with CRFTL 8/09.

Comment

Have most Newspapers stopped posting BKs because of the fees involved in obtaining that info through PACER? In other words, Newspapers have to pay to get the info. That was my guess, I'm not sure if that is correct though.
        6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
        10/06/2009 Discharged
        01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

Dunno, because I've never paid for or used Pacer and it's fairly simple to find records online via the courthouse in my locale

(Besides, if one reporter went down once a week to gather info - no Pacer needed there, either. It's probably just one of those "depends where you live" thingies)
          Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values - HH The Dalai Lama
          Pro Se; filed no asset Ch 7 (including back taxes): 4/09
          314 Meeting : 6/09
          Complete Discharge 7/09 with CRFTL 8/09.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X