Well, that didn't take long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that didn't take long

Just found out that after not paying my cc's for 70 days, that my credit score is now 539.

I've had great credit my entire adult life. This is a hard blow, but I knew it was coming. The day I decided to stop worrying about my credit score and stop paying my bills was the first relief I've felt in a long time. I have talked to my creditors a couple of times and they keep calling, as if them calling me everyday will somehow make money magically appear in my bank account. So, now they are on my block list and they go right to voice mail and they never leave messages which is fine with me. I will not be talking to them anymore.

Just a little vent...
    Lying awake at night...
    Waiting to file...
    Roughly $34,000 in credit card debt

I know how you feel. Next months bills (due in a couple of weeks) will be the first we have purposely not paid ever. I just dropped off all the bankruptcy paperwork and payment to our attorney today. They said it will be a couple of weeks before they can get through everything and even find out for sure that we qualify for chp. 7. I hate this. I hate ruining our credit, you have no idea. I just can't get past that. However, I know we could never pay off our debt unless we won the lottery or some crazy income started coming in.

Comment

We've all lost sleep....

I've lost countless hours agonizing over how to pay my credit card bills...how to make ends meet. And I realize I could drive myself nuts in my own head with very little help from anything or anyone else. What happens when I don't have all that junk to dust, move around? Short of the basics in life, do I really need all that much stuff? I'm "attached" to these things, I'm afraid to go live somewhere else, I think I'm really just afraid of change. I admit and conclude, I really am just human like everyone else. But I'm curious to know about my future, so I'll turn to the next page as I can't wait to read the next chapter. As if in a dream, I realize the past is behind and gone, the future will always be in front and untouchable, and my only reality is now, and it's not so bad, for this very moment is all I have

Comment

I understand where all of you are coming from. My hubby works for the auto industry and is constantly layed off. We have decided to file ch. 7 and surrender the house. The hard part is now that summer is coming, I see my neighbors outside and I feel dread everytime I pull in my drive way knowing we have to give up on our home. The say "hi" and I wave knowing in 6 months time we will be packing up and leaving. I have good neighbors. I do know that it is best...but it is still hard. I like knowing I can come to this forum and other people will understand how you feel.

Comment

I just pulled our credit early this week because our attorney wanted to see what CA's showed up on there - only one!! Crazy, since we have 10 accounts that have been delinquent since last Summer. The one that showed up is for a little over $100 for a utility bill from our move... unbelievable. Anyway, our scores used to be mid-700's - I think my mid-score was like a 470. Ha. I hope it stays there so I can never get credit again.
          BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trixie007 View Post
            I just pulled our credit early this week because our attorney wanted to see what CA's showed up on there - only one!! Crazy, since we have 10 accounts that have been delinquent since last Summer. The one that showed up is for a little over $100 for a utility bill from our move... unbelievable. Anyway, our scores used to be mid-700's - I think my mid-score was like a 470. Ha. I hope it stays there so I can never get credit again.
            Yep, that's how I feel now. I don't care if anyone ever pulls my credit report again. And yes, sometimes I would just love to walk away from everything and start over again some place new, somewhere I've always wanted to live. I've lived in this city my whole life - I was born here - and I think it would be a great adventure to start over somewhere else!
            Lying awake at night...
            Waiting to file...
            Roughly $34,000 in credit card debt

Comment

Fico

I have not filed yet but will be May 27th. I hope my scores goes to zero and stays there for the rest of my life.
              6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
              10/06/2009 Discharged
              01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X