Creditor Hang ups: is this tactic true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor Hang ups: is this tactic true?

I've read on a few threads that creditors call people and hang up when someone answers. What are the reasons for this? Is it to scare people? Is it to make it appeared they tried to call? My roommate and I have noticed a lot more hangups than usual the last few months.
    Attorney Retained 4/27/09
    Projected Ch 7 Filing Oct/09

No ones called me - yet but if you read some of the threads on the CA calls they are done by computer dialing and sometimes a real person won't even be on the other end until they know you have answered. Sometimes they don't answer back after if you pick up. Alot of those hangups are probably computer disconnected. So, alot of times you won't even get messages left if you don't answer.

You are just a number cranking through a big calling machine to them. They aren't on the other end thinking "how can I scare the crap out of this person?" What would they gain by hanging up on you anyhow? They need to talk to you so they can get you to pay them.

Don't even answer if it is a creditor - why bother and stress yourself out? Let them leave a message. Screen all your calls.
    "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
    http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
    1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

It is true

I have heard the people on the line and they hang up. I think they need to make so many calls and record a contact on the screen in front of them.

They did it to me all the time.
      Retained Attorney= 03/13/2009
      Filed No Asset Chapter 7= 03/31/2009
      341 Done= 04/27/2009
      Discharged= 07/16/2009

Comment

It's nothing more than the computer auto-dialer. Don't worry about it. The computer makes thousands and thousands of calls per day and when you pick up, the first thing you hear is silence. That silence is the time period in which your call is being routed to a collector or salesperson.

When you answer a call and hear the silence, hang up and the problem is solved!
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X