terrified...341 tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

terrified...341 tomorrow

My 341 is tomorrow at 1pm. I am scared to death. I haven't slept in about three days and am so tense my heart rate and blood pressure have skyrocketed again. I know that 341's are usually fast and painless, but I am still terrified. Please send positive thoughts this direction for everything to go smoothly tomorrow and then we just wait 60 days for this whole nightmare to be OVER!

Sending good thoughts your way. Don't worry it will be over before you know it.
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Thanks. I keep telling myself that, but I can't stop worrying about it. My husband isn't worried at all about it, but he seldom worries about anything. I doubt I'll sleep at all tonight...

Comment

Sending vibes and prayers that hope all goes well for you.
        Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
        341 Meeting 6/5/09
        Discharged 8/5/09
        Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

Sending good vibes your way....
          Hang in there!
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I had mine today. Quick and easy (other than they were running an hour behind), but once I got up there it was very quick.

Comment

Good Luck.... You will be fine....
              Mom2one aka Chrissy Chapter 13
              Filed 11/08~341 1/15/09~ confirmed 2/27/09
              Wonderful Attorney! Just trying to get through the 5 years!!

Comment

Well, today's the day for you OP. I hope all goes well. Please report back and let us know. I'm sure I will be just as nervous as you are when my time comes.
                Filed: 8-19-09
                341: 9-21-09
                Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Thanks for the support everyone. I made it through just fine today. I was crazy nervous, but everything went fine. Now we just have to wait...

By the way, it really wasn't anything super stressful at all, the actual meeting itself. It was pretty simple and over fast. I have always read how they usually are so easy, but still was freaked out. I'm glad that part of this mess is over with.

Comment

This might help a little

Comment

can you tell me what kind of questions did they ask you today? Did they want to see and look at your bank statements? My 341 meeting is on Wednesday and I'm just ready for this to be over.

Comment

We had already sent in six months of bank statements (including the date of filing), and the trustee didn't mention that at all. The questions were pretty simple. We gave our drivers lic and soc security cards, were sworn in, gave names, addresses, and phone numbers, which she just checked against our filing. She asked the basic questions, like did we read the forms, did we understand the forms, to the best of our knowledge was everything correct, were all of our assets listed, were all of our debts (whether to individual friends/family or others) listed, etc. Then she asked about our vehicles listed, just to verify that we still had them. She asked if we had any other personal property. She asked about the pension distribution, but just to verify that we had received it. She asked if we expected our income to change. She asked if we were expecting any life insurance money or if we had any possible lawsuits to initiate. She did note that most of our debt was from credit cards and asked about when we started getting the debt from that and what happened. I just said we overextended ourselves and then I lost my job and we fell behind (which was completely true). She did NOT say a word about the $2,000 we had repaid my parents in December. (Keep in mind that had we not paid them back we had plenty of exemptions left over to cover that money had it been in our account.)

She also asked if we had any student loans, which I do, but our attorney had forgot to include that in our information. I told her what I had and she looked at our attorney and asked him if he had been the one to prepare our papers, and he said yes (which was true). She said something along the lines of him having done that earlier in the day as well and he said that he thought their computer system was not working correctly. She told him to file an amendment to include the student loans (even though they obviously won't be discharged) and told him that he would be doing it at his own expense. Then she looked at us, smiled, and told us to not let them try to charge us for that at all, since they would be eating the cost for their mistake. Our attorney told her then that they always eat the cost when they make mistakes due to their own errors. (I had given the attorney all my student loan information before and there was no doubt he was aware of it, it just didn't make it through to the paperwork.)

Anyways, it took about 5-10 minutes and was painless. We answered honestly and never tried to hide anything, though we didn't volunteer anything either. Just answer the questions asked honestly. We also watched about 45 minutes of cases before us (we were there early), and that helped me to see how they went and put my mind much more at ease.

I wore black slacks and a shirt and my husband wore khackis (I know that isn't spelled right) and a collared shirt. Everyone else we saw who filed was dressed in jeans and tshirts except for one other filer...and we saw many filers in that 45 minutes.

I am so relieved that this part of it is over. Afterwards, I said that was much easier than I expected and the attorney said his "I told you so", because he had told us over and over that it would be fine. Now we just wait for our discharge.

Comment

I am worried about my car, my car falls as exempt, it is an old clunker and the tires were worth more than the actual car. Anyway, I had the car when I completed all my paperwork and listed it. Signed the papers about a week later then I ended up selling the car because it was barely running and I really needed the cash. I sold the car before my attorney actually filed my bk but the car is on my paperwork as exempt. Should I be worried about this. I currently have no car at the moment.

Comment

georgiamommy, I know everyone always says this, but I would say to ask your attorney. Maybe someone else on this forum can answer your question.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X