Needing Words of Encouragement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing Words of Encouragement

My husband and I had to start filing for Bankruptcy back in October of 2008, we have just finally finished paying our lawyers and have a signing petition meeting on the 22nd.

He is currently enlisted and training in another state for the Army and I am at home raising our 1 year old daughter.

I was feeling very cool, calm & collected about the whole thing until I started reviewing our petition and noticed our main reason for bankruptcy was not on there, my medical bills from the very complicated birth of our daughter. I called the hospital and asked for copies of my invoices (mine were stolen out of my car), and they said I had to call the collection agency. I called the collection agency and they said because my file was "on hold" I could not have any said documentation.

I am sorry this is SO long and winded but I am losing my mind. Some simple words of encouragement would be wonderful. Obviously I have never been through anything like this and it's draining every little bit I have in me. I am supposed to be relieved about starting a new clean slate, but instead I'm pulling my hair out.

Thank you so much for listening in advance, just needed to vent and hear from people who are going through simliar situations.

-Skye

Was the debt reported to a credit agency?

If so if you've pulled your credit report as generally is done in these cases then the info you need will be there, it may not be exact up to date on interests etc but the account numbers and addresses should be there.

Also I'd contact your lawyer and mention these debts that are missing if you don't have your credit report he might.

I'd make sure to get the forms amended to include these before signing so that you don't have to pay to amend later .
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I would make a PITA out of myself to the hospital. It's not that they don't have the documentation; they're simply being lazy. They didn't destroy it when they sent you to collections. Ask for a supervisor.
      over $100K cc debt,$20K taxes,$332K mortgages/value $190K,surrendered
      Confirmed, $801/month 56 down,4 to go

Comment

So long as you included the hospital in your bankruptcy, you should be fine. I don't think it is important to prove that the birth put you over the edge.

At your 341, the trustee might ask what brought you to bankruptcy, but some don't; apparently it is not necessary info.

Comment

My medical debt didn't show up on my credit reports, so that might not work for the OP. Go to the hospital and go to the billing department and sit there until they give you the paperwork. Or ask your lawyer to send a written request. Best of luck to you!
          Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
          Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Was your DH not enlisted when you gave birth? You weren't covered by Tricare?
            Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
            341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

I wonder if your attorney can do something here?

sorry to hear about your woes, we are a friendly bunch and there is lots of information here.
              Hope your family is doing well now.
              Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
              Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
              341 Meeting 01/05/2009
              Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am getting back on the phone with some people today, and if nothing is resolved I'm going to call my lawyer to see if they can help me with furthur assistance.

My husband was not enlisted when our daughter was born, he recently re-enlisted in December 2008.

Thank you all for your responses and friendly attitudes.

Such a stressful time and it's nice to hear from others experiencing simliar situations.

Comment

Faith above all will get you through this stressful time. Take care of your family and breath. It will get better.

Ironically, this is the most at peace and relieved I have felt in a long time (nervous about what lies ahead but still less stressed out). With 341 meeting behind me and awaiting confirmation, I enjoy my wife and kids more and cant wait to face each day without the constant worry about money.

You will get there, better days are ahead - trust your faith.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X