Date the card was opened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date the card was opened?

OK I am doing more paperwork on my bankruptcy and when filling out the creditors, name, amount, address, disputed, and date account was opened? Some of these accounts are 20 plus years old and I have no idea. Some of them are business some are from my husbands first marriage. Do I really need to find this info?

Every year, both of you are entitled to a Free Credit Report from all 3 reporting agencies. The credit report will list the date opened for each account.

I ran Experian last Nov., but will wait and run the others in late August since we are not filing until 9/30/09.

Luci

Comment

I never had to provide that information. Who is asking for it? For our credit cards, we needed to list the last month that the cards were used.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBankrupt33 View Post
        I never had to provide that information. Who is asking for it? For our credit cards, we needed to list the last month that the cards were used.

Our Attorney requested not only the dates our credit cards were opened, but any purchases over $600 and any balance transfer made. Thank goodness I kept our Credit Card Statements along with Bank Statements. There was a balance transfer I couldn't account for at one time. It kept me awake and finally I figured out it was on a Closed Credit Card. It took me almost 2 weeks to go through all the statements.

Guess our Attorney who only does bankruptcies has told the Trustee what he expects from his clients. He said he hasn't had a Client Chapter 7 converted to a 13.

His requested copies of all Sales and Purchases of homes for the last 10 years. Gee, that's been 5 homes for us; however, I've kept a file on each home, so have the documentation his requested.

Luci

Comment

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post
          Our Attorney requested not only the dates our credit cards were opened, but any purchases over $600 and any balance transfer made. Thank goodness I kept our Credit Card Statements along with Bank Statements. There was a balance transfer I couldn't account for at one time. It kept me awake and finally I figured out it was on a Closed Credit Card. It took me almost 2 weeks to go through all the statements.

Guess our Attorney who only does bankruptcies has told the Trustee what he expects from his clients. He said he hasn't had a Client Chapter 7 converted to a 13.

His requested copies of all Sales and Purchases of homes for the last 10 years. Gee, that's been 5 homes for us; however, I've kept a file on each home, so have the documentation his requested.

Luci
          In my paperwork, it is asking for the name, address, account number, month and year the credit was opened, the month and date it was last used, what items were purchased (examples - gas, food, diapers) and the ending balance.

I guess it all depends on who your attorney is. I did notice that the petition my attorney uses is pretty much the same as another attorney I was checking out a few months back.

I am sure they use some sort of template available to all and make necessary changes.
          Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
          341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
          Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
          Discharged - 10/06/2009

Comment

I filed pro se. If I didn't know the exact date of something and it wasn't listed in my credit report I put either "Unknown" or "Unknown in 2005" or something similar.
            Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
            341 Meeting: 1/7/09
            Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
            Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X