what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do

Ok -- long story short -- I was building a house and the builder was a con artist and built it on the wrong lot, left me holding the bag and left with a pile of money-- I have a huge mortgage on a piece of dirt -- and it doesn't look like things are getting worked out.

However, the loan isn't showing up on my credit -- and I still have good credit. I really need to buy a house and get settled -- and I just found a house. What do you think the chances of getting the loan approved are? Can the bank with the screwed up mortgage take the house if I'm good on payments on the real house?
    I got the other mortgage (the bad one) and was single. If I get married and buy the real house with my "wife" -- can they attach that? Basically looking for a way to protect some money I have in the bank -- not a lot at all but....and I need to get out of this apartment.....
    dont' really want to file bk.....I have no other debt except this screwed up mortgage....
    does the homestead exemption only protect 5K in the house...so I'd get kicked out of my new house if I were to figure out financing...???

Has a lawyer been any help. I mean a lawyer who can help straighten out the fraud with the builder, not a bk lawyer. Are the police after this guy? What a creep.

Sorry for your troubles. Hang in there!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X