Enlistment Bonuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enlistment Bonuses

Thanks again for responses on my first thread. Now I have a new question.

My husband when he enlisted in the Army signed on to a career that has a substantial enlistement bonus, which I am aware I need to mention to my lawyer. However our situation is that my family and I have been living at my fathers rent free under the agreement that when we received my husband (AJ) bonus that he would receive all back rent. I plan on taking a copy of the agreement my father and I worked up, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with enlistment bonuses and how it works?

Any additional information about how the 341 meeting even goes would be great. I am very type A and like to plan and be knowledge about things going to happen and I get very nervous at everything.

Thank you everyone so much!

I think that would be considered preferential?

Comment

Can't give you any advice on how to handle the rent but can give you some info on my experience at the 341 and how your Type A personality will help you (as mine did me).

We have been dealing with a paralegal for a firm with several lawyers. At our 341 on Friday the rookie lawyer showed up to represent us and she was not prepared. Thank goodness I was well prepared and fully knowledgeable of our situation. My advice is to be sure you have your ducks in a row, have you documentation for reference if needed, and review your petition before you sit in front of the trustee. My attorney couldn't even find the signature page and was more nervous than my wife and I combined. Unfortunately her lack of professionalism made it seem as if we were unprepared. I took it for granted that everything was correct on the petition and it wasn't. So be sure to double check their work b/c they can make mistakes.

Good luck - ensure you are honest and you can never be overprepared. BTW, my 341 took 10 minutes and we were out - a few hiccups but the attorney should be able to fix her mistakes - hopefully yours will be better than mine.

Comment

Thanks for the information about the 341 meeting. I'm a little stressed because we will be living in Colorado by then, but we will just fly down for that and visit family as well I suppose.

Question for everyone. Once the petition is signed about how long does it take them to file? And after the 341 meeting, how long does the discharge take?

Thanks again so much everyone, this has been more helpful than anything, I could try reading through hundreds of websites and legal mumbojumbo, but this has been great.

Comment

Depends on your lawyer and how busy/on top of things they are. Discharge can take 61 days to whenever, depending on how busy the courts are and what is going on with your case. Typically I would estimate 61-90 days. Creditors have 60 days post 341 to object to your discharge.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X