X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichiganMan View Post
    No more advise from me.

Don't Do That! Those of us who haven't started Bankruptcy or just got one filed need input from those who have gone through Bankruptcy.

Just like you've been through the 341 and could help with Assets, Income, Expenses, etc. I know fellow posters would want to know what you were able to list on say Expenses or what happened at your 341, if a poster requests that type info.

Please don't stop posting.

Hugs,

Luci

Comment

Well

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post
      Don't Do That! Those of us who haven't started Bankruptcy or just got one filed need input from those who have gone through Bankruptcy.

Just like you've been through the 341 and could help with Assets, Income, Expenses, etc. I know fellow posters would want to know what you were able to list on say Expenses or what happened at your 341, if a poster requests that type info.

Please don't stop posting.

Hugs,

Luci
      I understand your concern Luci.

Certain posters that are trying to bump their own numbers up by flooding every post with yes, no and quote reply over and over and obviously has control issues; i.e. needs to be the boss for everything and thinks kissing up to mods "you know claiming he is the protector of quality" is going to get him a gold star and maybe a mod position. These situations make it very difficult to share when everything you share is used ti insult you. Lucky for us we have the ability to mark a poster as ignore and you no longer need to see the arrogance that is spewed.

If you think I may be able to help you with something ask me and I will. I have never guesed on a reply "Only said what MY experience was" that does not indicate it will be your experience. My BK is different from everyone else. I have a different TT, different attorney and etc.

The BK laws are already public, anyone can read them. The personal experience of the members of this forum are not already written and when you are told not to post them then this forum becomes usless. Unless of course you are a control freak!
      Retained Attorney= 03/13/2009
      Filed No Asset Chapter 7= 03/31/2009
      341 Done= 04/27/2009
      Discharged= 07/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mgmadara View Post
        I think Ding Dong is trying to point out that you gave somebody bad advice in this thread when you were so against people giving bad advice in the other thread.
        Uh,Yeah I was.
        Telling a member to stop paying their student loans because they were discharged w/o an AP and a ruling by a BK judge stating such will only land them in default and subject to horrendous collection fees and negative entries on their CR post discharge.

Not good advice at all.

Comment

Update!

Wells Fargo called today... Ha ha! Only been discharged a week. I am a couple of days late on the payment. OMG! Give me a f-ing break, I have been paying about $30 over every month and they have to call because I am a couple of days late... Cheese and rice. Yes, student loans should be discharged....But they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
            Not good advice at all.
            Okay. That's your opinion. Fortunately mine is just as valid. Please, let's not get going on the right/wrong thing again.

Also FYI, it's not okay to go around pointing out answers you 'believe' are "wrong". I can accept that; can you?

Comment

Originally posted by MichiganMan View Post
              I understand your concern Luci.

Certain posters that are trying to bump their own numbers up by flooding every post with yes, no and quote reply over and over and obviously has control issues; i.e. needs to be the boss for everything and thinks kissing up to mods "you know claiming he is the protector of quality" is going to get him a gold star and maybe a mod position. These situations make it very difficult to share when everything you share is used ti insult you. Lucky for us we have the ability to mark a poster as ignore and you no longer need to see the arrogance that is spewed.

If you think I may be able to help you with something ask me and I will. I have never guesed on a reply "Only said what MY experience was" that does not indicate it will be your experience. My BK is different from everyone else. I have a different TT, different attorney and etc.

The BK laws are already public, anyone can read them. The personal experience of the members of this forum are not already written and when you are told not to post them then this forum becomes usless. Unless of course you are a control freak!
              Hi MichiganMan! :wave:

You're posts make me laugh. I mean that in a good way.

It's funny because what you say is just so detached from reality. No, I'm not going to ask you to quote proof of all the actions and motivations you attribute to me. I kind of have a feeling about you and it tells me that asking you to look again and read for understanding won't work with you. Believe what you want. I don't mind. Really

Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by dogbone33 View Post
                Wells Fargo called today... Ha ha! Only been discharged a week. I am a couple of days late on the payment. OMG! Give me a f-ing break, I have been paying about $30 over every month and they have to call because I am a couple of days late... Cheese and rice. Yes, student loans should be discharged....But they aren't.
                student loan are notorious for being very vigiliant. They know that 99.9% of the time the loans cant be included in BK- so they keeping calling..
                Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
                341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
                Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
                Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by BornAgain View Post
                  Hi MichiganMan! :wave:

You're posts make me laugh. I mean that in a good way.

It's funny because what you say is just so detached from reality. No, I'm not going to ask you to quote proof of all the actions and motivations you attribute to me. I kind of have a feeling about you and it tells me that asking you to look again and read for understanding won't work with you. Believe what you want. I don't mind. Really

Have a nice day.
                  BornAgain, was it not you that stated that calling people out in a forum is just plain rude. Why don't you take your own advice and stop. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Stop the sarcasm and become mature please. You are ruining the forum for me and I am sure for others as well.

MichiganMan, I apologize for the way BornAgain has been behaving towards you.

I'm sorry op for adding drama to your post.
                  Last edited by coralfang; 05-13-2009, 02:55 PM. Reason: apology to op

Comment

Oh good grief. Don't coddle MI-Man -- he creates his own drama. Up until this post (below) I never insulted him. I never cast any judgement on his posts or advice.

I did apologize to him for writing in a way that was too subtle to make my point without him getting confused, then I invited him to go back an re-read what I wrote to see that I was actually agreeing with him. I don't think he did.

[Begin my observation/insult] I know his name here is MichiganMan, but really, by how easily his feelings got hurt -- hurt so badly that he ignored my apology and refuses to listen when I say he's misunderstanding me -- then I really do wonder how old he is. :shrug: [End observation/insult]

So, I just... what's that saying... accept what I can't change. MI-Man is set on thinking I was a big meanie to him. Sorry, can't change that. Tried.
                    Last edited by BornAgain; 05-13-2009, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coralfang View Post

MichiganMan, I apologize for the way BornAgain has been behaving towards you.
                      Is that possible. You can apologize for me? Does that count?

Wow, can I do third-party apologies too? Cool!

First I'm going to apologize to Hillary, on behalf of Bill.

Then I think I'll apologize to Brittany's kids, on behalf of Brittany.

Can I apologize to the guy at work, on behalf of the boss that recently gave him layoff notice.

Oh wow -- this is powerful. It could change the world!!!!

;)

Hey, coralfang, before you do another third-party apoloigy for me, go out and get the post I wrote where I actually wrote something to hurt MichiganMan's feelings. Yeah. Please. Find it for me -- heck all of us. Search for my name, it'll bring up all my posts. Have a quick look and then copy-paste it here. Go on. We'll wait. Shouldn't take long. (If such a post exists.)
                      Last edited by BornAgain; 05-13-2009, 03:20 PM.

Comment

now i know this is cliche, but "can't we all just get along"?

Seriously.

We are all adults here. If you don't like someone's post, or you think they are giving bad advice, there is always the option not to say anything.

This topic has gotten really out of hand with insults and jabs at people..

Really, just ignore it guys

Let's keep this a positive and helpful place to go
                        Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
                        341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
                        Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
                        Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by dogbone33 View Post
                          On all of our credit reports it says that our WF SL is discharged and there is a $0 balance. Could we be this lucky. I think we owed like 5k on it or something. Our other SL is still on there. The thing is I have been paying on the WF SL sooooo.. How do we find out, stop paying and wait for a bill?
                          My student loans are currently reporting as IIB on my credit reports. However, after my discharge, I started getting statements again from WF (I continued making payments during the BK, but didn't get statements). I got a nice letter the other day from Sallie Mae saying student loans are normally not discharged in BK and since there was no AP filed, my loans are due and owing and they had re-activated my online access. I think it will take a few months before your credit reports will reflect your student loans accurately.
                          Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                          341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                          Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                          Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

(Not kidding but a little nervous about getting involved here...)

Dogbone
                            Why don't you call WF and find out if they were discharged and what is up with the reporting? I just read another thread were someone was stating that after bk their SL was transferred to the co-signer. Did you have a co-signer?

Comment

Originally posted by eddiep View Post
                              (Not kidding but a little nervous about getting involved here...)

Dogbone
                              Why don't you call WF and find out if they were discharged and what is up with the reporting? I just read another thread were someone was stating that after bk their SL was transferred to the co-signer. Did you have a co-signer?
                              They called today to collect... I had been paying $30 over payment every month. I am a couple of days late and they called.. So, again, they ARE NOT discharged. I am the co-signer on my hubby's loan...

Comment

Why does this issue keep coming up. Read above.

Without an adversary proceeding, Student Loans are not discharged, period.

A credit report is not a legal document that defines the status of a debt. A student loan that is listed as IIB means simply that you filed BK and had a student loan at the time, nothing more.
                                Last edited by HHM; 05-13-2009, 08:33 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X