This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wells Fargo Student Loan Discharged?

On all of our credit reports it says that our WF SL is discharged and there is a $0 balance. Could we be this lucky. I think we owed like 5k on it or something. Our other SL is still on there. The thing is I have been paying on the WF SL sooooo.. How do we find out, stop paying and wait for a bill?

it's not discharged. They just report that way for some reason. There's a huge process to go through to get a student loan discharged in BK for real; i believe you have to file an adversary proceeding with the court (which is usually thousands if you go through a lawyer)
    Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
    341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
    Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
    Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

You can stop throwing away that money! Your SL was included in bankruptcy. Mine are going to be too. My case reports: "Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment: $<big number that includes stu. loans.>"

I think what's happening is that Obama's push for bankruptcy reforms and aid to students has created a move in the courts to start discharging these onerous loans.

That's good news!

So follow the advice everyone here knows is true -- "Stop paying the creditors, it's throwing money away and you need it to start living on cash only."

Comment

Ummm,

Wouldn't count on it being discharged unless you filed an AP.

Those numbers that you see are auto generated from your schedules.

Obamas plan didn't change the Federal BK code.

Post count 841 at time of posting.

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post

Post count 841 at time of posting.

???

What does that matter?

Comment

Dingdong is Correct. Hop on over to the 'After Discharge' Section of this forum and click on Student Loans. HHM, a Moderator, has an Excellent Post on Student Loans Survive Bankruptcy.

We don't have Student Loans, but DH has a Parent Loan and it will survive bankruptcy. It is set up at an AutoDraft from our checking account; however, it will go into automatic stay when we file. I will have my husband call annd get the Bankruptcy Dept.'s mailing address & pay them as I don't want any extra interest. Dang, I think we will be paying on this loan until we die!

Dingdong - counting Posts? ROFLOL!

Luci

Comment

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post

Dingdong - counting Posts? ROFLOL!
              No kidding. LOL

LuciluS, there's a big thread that I get on a bit of a soap box, telling a new OP that they should watch about trusting advice from people just because they've been around a long time or have a high post count.

I think people have really caught on and are making parody and helping to point out that post counts mean nothing! I'm kind of proud I started it all.

Comment

Originally posted by BornAgain View Post
                I think people have really caught on and are making parody and helping to point out that post counts mean nothing! I'm kind of proud I started it all.
                I think Ding Dong is trying to point out that you gave somebody bad advice in this thread when you were so against people giving bad advice in the other thread.

Comment

That is sooo judgemental! Take your negativity some where else please!

The point on the FORUM is that FRIENDS help by giving their OPINIONS. OPINIONS that reflect their experiences and beliefs. That is my experience and belief -- who are you to say it's any less valid than anyone else's? Talk about being judgemental. :-p

I'll send GOOD VIBES of healing your way!

PS Why are you even posting in this thread -- you're not here to add anything of value obviously. Some of us FRIENDS are trying to be helpful.
                  Last edited by BornAgain; 05-13-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

That is sooo judgemental! Take your negativity some where else please!

The point on the FORUM is that FRIENDS help by giving their OPINIONS. OPINIONS that reflect their experiences and beliefs.

I'll send GOOD VIBES of healing your way!

Oh please, I'm not judgemental or negative. The point is your advice in this thread was wrong and by your own admission you were on a soapbox on another thread against people with high post counts who gave wrong advice. If you are going to get on others' cases for being wrong you should be prepared for people to treat you in the same way. Good luck with your bankruptcy.

Comment

Originally posted by mgmadara View Post
                      Oh please, I'm not judgemental or negative. The point is your advice in this thread was wrong and by your own admission you were on a soapbox on another thread against people with high post counts who gave wrong advice. If you are going to get on others' cases for being wrong you should be prepared for people to treat you in the same way. Good luck with your bankruptcy.
                      Okay, if I can see the light on the whole "Right & Wrong vs. One Opinion & A Slightly Different Opinion" why can't you?

['60s Hippy Voice] It's all shades of grey, man.[/'60s Hippy Voice]

Comment

Okay, if I can see the light on the whole "Right & Wrong vs. One Opinion & A Slightly Different Opinion" why can't you?

['60s Hippy Voice] It's all shades of grey, man.[/'60s Hippy Voice]
                        I'm really not sure what you are trying to say here, but this issue is not one where there is more than 1 answer. Student loans are rarely discharged in a bankruptcy unless the debtor files an AP and wins. It is almost impossible to win an AP for student loan debt. Advising the OP that his/her student loan was discharged and he should stop paying is dangerous and could further harm his/her credit score.

Anyway, I'm done beating the dead horse, just keep in mind while it is important to double check the info you get here it is also important to double check any advice that you give.
                        Last edited by mgmadara; 05-13-2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mgmadara View Post

...it is also important to double check any advice that you give.
                          OH. MY. GOD.

You're, like, only the THIRD person on this site who believes that!

I'm SO happy for you. And sad too: be careful who you say that around!

[Goes back into disguise...]
                          Like I was saying, it's not about who's right and who's wrong, it's about sharing our mutual experiences in this dark world of bk.

;)

Comment

BornAgain:

I've been known to give some incorrect information (was what my Attorney told me) and Dingdong, specifically, let me know in a very, very nice way it was wrong information (she didn't even mention my name. Others were not so nice. I took her post as Constructive Criticism and went on about my business. She has helped me tremendously as I'm sure you are well aware of Attorneys don't always give you a Black or White answer.

Crap, I had my hands slapped bigtime by a Moderator. However, what I posted did work for my son who is in Bankruptcy. But I just let it be.

It's when One 'Points Fingers At Another Poster', when it becomes Personal and others will begin to be on 'The Defensive'. And I don't blame them. Like Dingdong said what may fly in her District might not in another.

I'd been told by several on this Board, including a Moderator, my IRA monthly withdrawals (set up on a 10 yr. payout) were Income. Researching HHM's, A Moderator, recommended website, I found where the 8th District Court ruled in 8/08 IRA withdrawals were not income in the Means Tests and that includes my State late last night and posted such in the News Section.

ALL Federal Student Loans and most Private (remember I used the word most) do not survive Bankruptcy. I've researched this High and Low.

My personal opionion is you've gone on a rampage of giving information 'On The Fly' and have lost your concern as to whether it is correct or not, because of that One Post where you specifically pointed fingers because others became Defensive. I don't mean to make you madder as all of Us who are getting ready, or going through BK have enough Stress in our Lives.

Constructive Criticism is one thing! Blantant posts specifically stating a Certain Person is Wrong without having Specific Documentation to back it up, is Not Right Either.

Just my take on the Occurence of Events and in no way do I want to start a War, so to speak. Let's get back to what this Forum needs. Advise & in my case, Support, from those who have gone through BK please.

I am 100% disabled and the internet is my Life as my husband is an OTR Truck Driver and gone all week. I've formed many Friendships through the Internet. Well, I met my current husband on a Chronic Pain Forum. I had a lady come from AL to AR & stay with me a week when I had 1 of the 7 surgeries. I met her on another Back Support Group.

Hugs,

Luci

Well, I just took my Morphine & various other Meds, so time for my daily nap.
                            Last edited by LuciluS; 05-13-2009, 11:30 AM. Reason: Oops, took me awhile to write this. Didn't see the other posts.

Comment

I got my lesson

No more advise from me.
                              Retained Attorney= 03/13/2009
                              Filed No Asset Chapter 7= 03/31/2009
                              341 Done= 04/27/2009
                              Discharged= 07/16/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X