Anything you won't give up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything you won't give up?

Ok I am not living on beans and weenies but there are things I have decided not to give up: name brand canned soup, Mt. Dew, and good shoes for my kids. How about you all?

Ha, ha! My $55.00 haircuts! I believe a haircut falls under "you get what you pay for" and my stylist is one of the best and most creative in town! I've even sold loaves of homemade bread just so I can get a haircut with her!
    Lying awake at night...
    Waiting to file...
    Roughly $34,000 in credit card debt

Comment

Originally posted by Kkole425 View Post
      Ok I am not living on beans and weenies but there are things I have decided not to give up: name brand canned soup, Mt. Dew, and good shoes for my kids. How about you all?
      About the good shoes. I've actually decided that good shoes are cheaper. Cruddy shoes at Walmart/Target/Payless cost $15 to $20 (kids shoes) and have holes in the soles in a month. My kids get much better mileage out of good shoes. I do have one daughter, though, who has more shoes than Imelda Marcos (at least those are her ambitions), so she gets cheap shoes.

As for me, I have actually started spending more on myself, including good coffee beans (Folgers is recycled barf) and haircuts every 6 weeks (used to be 4 months).

Comment

Originally posted by Kkole425 View Post
        Diet Coke (I buy it on sale though), Starbucks, GAP uniform pants/skirts for DD (she is picky about fit and these are the best fit and best quality I can find, plus I only buy them on sale - her shirts, tights, etc. I will buy cheap brands), private school tuition (at least for now, we are planning to move next year before she enters middle school and we will reevaluate then), satellite/dvr.
        Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
        341 Meeting: 1/7/09
        Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
        Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Diet Coke - I would need to go to detox to get off that stuff

Comment

Chocolate, Chocolate and More Chocolate
            My 12 cups of coffee (Maxwell House. OO and my Shih Tzu as she is my companion. DH is gone Sun am - Fri pm.

DH wears a size 16 shoe and even on sale they are expensive.

I have permanent nerve damage in my left foot (my toes won't move). Only shoes I've found that don't hurt are Dr. Scholls. Haven't found any dress shoes yet made by Dr. Schools, but I'm disabled & only place I would need them would be for church. However, our church doesn't care how you dress, so I usually wear my Dr. Scholl's tennis shoes or slip-on tennis shoes to church. I buy them from Dr. Leonards or sometimes, Wal-Mart carrys them.

Luci

Comment

We've scaled back quite a bit but the only habit I had that I refuse to budge on is my work day fountain drink from Circle K. It's only 63 cents twice a week, though. Oh, and we kept our gym memberships that we could have cut out of the budget. That's another $12 for dh and I each per month.
              filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
              341 meeting 6/4/09
              DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

12! cups! of! coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by eddiep View Post
                  12! cups! of! coffee!
                  Yep! I'm practically house-bound (disabled) as I do not drive unless I just have to for a doctor/dentist visit or right down the street to the Bank. I usually finish up drinking it around 2 pm every day. I don't drink any caffeine after that as my sleeping pill won't work LOL!

Maybe once every two weeks I might drink a diet soda, but that's about it. I drink diet-lemonade or water after 2 pm.

Luci

Comment

Unfortunately, too many people I hear about from my lawyer friends are unwilling to give up their motorcycle. So much so, they dig themselves into a deeper financial hole and eventually lose their home...last I checked, you can't really live in/on your motorbike.

Comment

coffee
                      6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
                      10/06/2009 Discharged
                      01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

motorcycle, now there is a touchy subject! My hubby and I just an hour ago "agreed" that if push comes to shove he is going to give up his car and keep his Harley! It is completely paid off and his prized possession. He would not lose his house to keep his bike, well that is what I will keep telling myself and hope it never comes to that! Oh and we live in NH, so he can only ride it May to Oct. Guess he will need to get a good snowsuit for this winter!

Comment

Ha, I'm a wine drinker, I have been buying the boxes!!!
                          Filed Chap. 7 1/11/09
                          341 2/14/09; later declared asset case
                          Discharged 5/18/09
                          Asset case - still no payment plan proposed

Comment

Monthly pedicures and diet coke.
                            Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                            341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                            Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

tequila on Friday nights
                              Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X