I'm stressing...help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm stressing...help!

I overnighted all my paperwork to the atty last Monday. I called on Thursday asking when I would hear from my attorney and was told as soon as the paralegal reviews the documents. So now it's Monday night and the wait is killing me. I still don't know if it's 7 or 13. My secured debt is starting to be repo'd. And I just got a letter from Wells Fargo saying they are denying my loan modification but didn't say why. I'm glad its denied because it would hurt me from getting into a seven but why was it denied? What if I wasn't planning on filing bankruptcy? What would they expect me to do?

We were/are walking a tight rope between a 13 and 7 - hence my screen name. We even went and purchased a brand new car believing we were going to have to do a 13. But now after looking at our numbers our attorney tells us we are a definite 7. It felt good hear those words. But I am looking forward to seeing the word discharged even more. I hope things go well with you. The waiting is the hardest part. I am such a worrier and type A personality so I can totally understand your concern. Please let us know which chapter you end up with.
    Filed: 8-19-09
    341: 9-21-09
    Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Try not to overly worry Justpoor. I'm sorry the loan modification didn't come through but hopefully that might help you get the Chapter 7. You should inform the lawyer that the modification did not come through.

It is better to give the lawyer and his paralegal some time to look through all your papers and make sure they properly fill out your petition to keep from having problems down the road. Depending on case load that can take 2 weeks to a month depending on assets etc involved. So try to be a bit patient with them, they are only trying to help you. Its find to check up once a week or so to let them know your trying to stay on top of it, but give them time to evaluate everything.

Once the bankruptcy is complete, you might try to get the modification again.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Thank you both. Yes, its Wednesday night and still nothing from the attorney. Now it looks like I might lose my job too. Oh what next? I'm thinking maybe a therapist....

How do the folks on here keep from getting too depressed?

Comment

If you are getting to the point, your depression is causing problems with every aspect of your life, it is time to make an appt. with your doctor and explain to him/her what is going on in your life. He/she, hopefully, will give you a prescription for an Anti-Depressant.

I've been down that road. Was involved in an accident in 3/05 which led to 7 surgeries and being 100% disabled. I was so depressed I wanted to end my life. If it wasn't for my sweet husband calling the doctor, I may not be here today. I was on Anti-Depressants for over 1 1/2 yrs.

I gotta tell you its very easy to get 'down in that deep, deep hole', BUT it is even 'Much Harder To Crawl Your Way Up'. I'm no longer able to take Anti-Depressants as they don't mix with the Morphine and Ultram I Need.

Please make an appt. to see your doctor, Soon!

Hugs,

Luci

Comment

Thanks Luci. i will make an appointment. I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope you feel better.

Comment

Just wanted to add that it's hard not too get overly sad about this situation. I am experiencing medical problems right now and am on bed rest - doctor's orders. My insurance does not pay 100% so I am concerned about the blood work and extra follow up appointments I will need and I am anxiously waiting a diagnosis from my doc. I co-signed for a car for my son that he has seldom made the payments on the vehicle so basically I have been doing so for three years and just can't do it anymore. I am surrendering my interest in the vehicle and he got so mad he moved out. This is after he stole my debit card and took hundreds of dollars from my checking account and then applied for 14 credit cards in my name. Am I filing strictly because of what my one and only son has done to me? No but allowing myself to be blinded by a mother's love has not helped.

I know I need to see a therapist. I keep putting it off but I believe my medical condition is partly due to stress so I will be making an appointment. Let's all hang in there. Good times end and bad times have to end sometime too.
              Filed: 8-19-09
              341: 9-21-09
              Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

There are So Many People who are ill and refuse to seek help to due to not having the money to pay. I read about it every day.

My husband, myself and even our Shih Tzu are Walking Medical Patients. Are prescriptions are $500 a month with insurance and are out of pocket expenses since 2003 have exceeded $10,000 - $15,000 a year with insurance.

Apply for food stamps. Get food from angelministries.com if they are close to you. Most utility companies will work with you if you can't pay your bills. And most hospitals will too, especially the Non-Profit Ones.

I just can't put into words how Very Important It Is To Put Your Health Problems Before most of your bills. I almost lost my husband in last month as all of his organs were shutting down. I pray every morning and evening thanking Our Lord and Savior for allowing my husband to live.

I don't believe there is anything more devasting than losing your Soul Mate.
                Bankruptcy causes Stress, if you allow it to 'eat at you'. Stress WILL cause so many medical problems IF you don't seek help.

Sorry ya'll, but this subject is very important. I just can't say enough about it. See a Doctor as soon as you can. Your Quality of Life means much more than you can ever believe. It affects everyone in your family and you may not even know it.

Blessings,

Luci

PS I just had two back teeth pulled. Because of all my medical maladies, the Oral Surgeon wanted me to come back tomorrow and be 'put under' as his nurse had already left for the day. I told him I've lived with pain since the accident in 3/05 Pull Em LOL! and by golly, he did and it was a Piece of Cake hehe.
                Last edited by LuciluS; 05-21-2009, 10:55 AM. Reason: addtl info

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X