Northern Ohio District?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern Ohio District?

Anyone out there filed in Northern Ohio? We're going to be filing this week and I'm very nervous. Our attorney only does BKs and has been doing them for 30+ years, so I do trust what he's saying, but he's also very low-key, which can make me even more nervous.

When I asked him about filling out a personal property inventory, he said we didn't need to. Because Ohio has a $10,775 (x2 for us since we're filing jointly) exemption, unless we had anything rare and priceless (not!) we didn't need to itemize. I know that others on the forum have had to produce highly detailed lists--has that only been those filing pro se and they wanted to make sure every single "t" was crossed and "i" was dotted? I trust my lawyer, but I also don't want to suddenly have a continuance or anything because he didn't think we needed to produce more information.

Thanks!
    27 May 09: File Ch7
    6 Jul 09: 341 Meeting, declared asset case, 341 continued
    6 Aug 09: Continued 341 meeting, came to settlement with TT
    6 Sept 09: Last Date for Creditor Objections

Hi Suzie, my husband and I will be filing in the ND of Ohio in a few weeks and I was amazed at how little info our attorney told us we needed. Just 2 months worth of check stubs, 2008 tax return and one or two small items I cannot remember right now. But nothing like others have posted. I was dreading having to fill out some type of personal inventory as well but she assures us everything will be fine. Since you are going through this before us, please keep me informed, if you don't mind. I hope all goes well!
    Filed: 8-19-09
    341: 9-21-09
    Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

I've had 2 consultations with attorneys last week in NE Ohio. The first attorney was very arrogant and was trying to push us into a 13 without even seeing our information. 2nd attorney was really good I thought, he gave us alot of good information and advice to help us. That's good to hear about the exemption being over ten thousand for Ohio, I did not know that either.
      Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
      Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
      DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

I'm in southern district of Ohio, not northern, but I didnt have to do a detailed listing of personal items either. Had to have the 6 months of check stubs not 2 though. Best of luck fellow Buckeyes!
        Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
        Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

SuzieBK:

Trust your lawyer. Being "low keyed" is a sign of experience and confidence. 30+ years is a lot of success, or he would not have made one year. Each State and District is slightly different. Your lawyer will go over every form. Do what he says, and relax. You PAY him to worry for you. Let him do his job and you folks stop worrying. It is not necessary. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

ACH - thanks for the reassurance! I read some pretty frightening horror stories on these boards but our attorney is so relaxed. She has been doing this for years and her husband is actually a trustee so I trust her judgment. I am just amazed that we do not have to jump through the hoops others do.

Toby - Yes, I couldn't believe we only need 2 months - I think she said 2 months, I will have to check my notes again - but I'm fairly certain that is all we need. She did say 6 months during our initial consultation so I will check.

I hope everyone has a smooth sailing at your 341 hearing!
            Filed: 8-19-09
            341: 9-21-09
            Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

We are filing in the Northern Ohio district next week. Our lawyer who also is old school went through briefly our possessions ie: 1 couch 1 loveseat 1 computer 3 tvs 1 kitchen table 6 chairs. etc. and came up with a value of like $1500 or so but he also said the exemption in Ohio for married filing jointly was about $21000 so we didn't even come close. Also he asked if we had any 1 item that was collectible worth more than $100...ie artwork, books, etc. He also used 30% of the purchase price of the wifes wedding rings too.....Our lawyer is very simple and straight forward and came recommended from someone at our church. we will be pushing the "button" June 5.......
              Filed Chapter 7 June 5th,2009
              341 Scheduled July 9th, 2009
              60 day club memeber and counting.......
              Last day for Objections Sept 10,2009...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X