Ready to file, have a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to file, have a question.

I will be filing next week and I have been trying to figure out if there is anything that can pose a problem.

One thing that sticks out is that I applied for a loan last year (for $1k) online and when they asked for how much my rent was, I put $0. At the time, I had planned on moving in to my parents place and did not anticipate having to pay another months rent. My plans to move into my parents fell through and I've been living in the same place.

I'm worried because the loan is with Navy Federal and I have a few debts with them: a bike loan (which was repo'd), a credit card, and another personal loan. I'm sure they are going to comb over everything because I owe them a total of about $16k between all loans.

If they do dispute this, what can I expect to happen? Will I have to repay that loan? Worse yet, can my bankruptcy be thrown out completely?
    6/12/09: Filed Chapter 7
    7/21/09: 341 Hearing (went very well)
    9/28/09: Discharged
    10/2/09: Case closed!

They're not going to worry about an expense you put on a $1K loan application. Unless you fibbed about your income and employment status, the app. is no biggie.

Comment

Even if they did, which is highly unlikely, their objection would only pertain to that particular debt ( the 1K loan), your discharge would not be affected by them objecting to it.

So in the highly unlikely case that they filed an AP to determine the debt non dischargeable ( again highly unlikely as it would probably cost them that much to litigate it) everything else is discharged and your closing would wait on the determination of the AP.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X