top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone scared about still being able to afford to live after...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bnkrptinva View Post
    I'm grateful my 341 went smoothly, and am in my second week of the 60 day club. As I look at my living expenses though, with a new baby on the way, unemployed husband in school, and his two other babies we contribute to raising/supporting....in this economy...I'm so terrified I somehow will not be able to provide for everyone. Obviously, going through bankruptcy, there's no savings account, no credit cards. I'm grateful to still have my job without reduced wages (yet), but no raise on the way, benefits getting cut, no bonuses. I'm able to slightly alter my takehome pay now, but still...so scared something will happen and we'll have no money or credit to take care of it.
    How many here fear these things post filing? Husband is due to finish up school this year, but with the economy, jobs are hard to come by..and then we'd have to come up with daycare for a newborn (I'd feel better him home for a while to take care of baby). He's only looking at jobs with on site daycare so he'd be able to check in on baby and have less concerns about leaving baby over to strangers to care for. So no time soon, do I see our household income to go up, yet expenses will, one way or another, not to mention inflation.

How does everyone here deal with this angle of going bankrupt?
    Have you looked into WIC? That would really help with feeding you child.
    6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
    10/06/2009 Discharged
    01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

I would love WIC, but they will tell me I make too much money. That's the crazy thing, on paper, I make decent money, but by the time I pay living expenses for everyone, and soon, start some type of payment on my husbands student loans (as he'll stay home to take care of the baby instead of going straight to work), honestly, I'm as strapped as I was before filing.. Instead of cc payments, now it's a car payment, and student loans (they are big loans unfortunately).

Comment

I shop at the local Goodwill stores. I get new shoes for 7.00. I am not shy I tell the gals at work when they make nice comments that I shop at Goodwill, and yardsales. Almost everyting in my house is from yardsales and it looks like it came out of a magazine. I really appreciate all of the advice I have received from this forum as do many others. My 13 payment if no one objects with my cars, irs, cc's etc is also less than I was paying with late fees, ol fees, and trying to catch up. Love to all and best of luck.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X