Credit Monitoring Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Monitoring Services

I am looking for your experience with credit monitoring services. I had Lifelock for 1 year and found it to be 1) not useful 2) falsely advertised and 3) a waste of money. I am looking for a service that allows you to see reports and scores (preferrably FICO). What do you use? Do you recommend?

Common ones I see...
    Identity Guard
    TrueCredit
    Equifax
    Experian
    Triple Advantage
    Filed Ch 7 11/28/09 | 341 1/7/10 | Last Date for Objections 3/8/10 | Discharged 3/10/10

I've used TrueCredit, however I'm not real certain its worth the money. They send me an email every quarter about whether there are changes or not to my records. They send one sometimes in a month if their are changes. I have not ever gotten any credit since the bk so I"m not sure its worth the expense, I think its 14.95 a month. Still I guess I keep paying it for a little peace of mind.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Are you able to pull a credit report from all 3 monthly?

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
      I've used TrueCredit, however I'm not real certain its worth the money. They send me an email every quarter about whether there are changes or not to my records. They send one sometimes in a month if their are changes. I have not ever gotten any credit since the bk so I"m not sure its worth the expense, I think its 14.95 a month. Still I guess I keep paying it for a little peace of mind.
      Filed Ch 7 11/28/09 | 341 1/7/10 | Last Date for Objections 3/8/10 | Discharged 3/10/10

Comment

I've not tried , but I think I can.
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

The only ones with true FICOs are the ones from myfico.com. They have a couple different options. The TU quarterly monitoring gives you a score and report every three months for a year. I think it's about $5/mo. The Scorewatch gives you Equifax scores and reports twice during the year and I think it's $9/mo. They have some other options too. The Experian score is only available to lenders now, but they do offer credit monitoring on their website but the score isn't a real FICO. You can buy their Vantage score one time for $6.

For free copies of your reports you can go to annualcreditreport.com and get one per year of each. That may be the way to go for Experian since you can't get a "real" score anyways. Also, if you dispute things, if they make any changes, you will get another copy of your report, so potentially you could get a free copy each month or two if you are successful with disputes.

If you decide to use myfico.com, go to creditboards.com and get the FICO discount codes (usually 20% off).

Good luck.
          Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
          341 Meeting: 1/7/09
          Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
          Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Originally posted by DustinLH00 View Post
            I am looking for your experience with credit monitoring services. I had Lifelock for 1 year and found it to be 1) not useful 2) falsely advertised and 3) a waste of money. I am looking for a service that allows you to see reports and scores (preferrably FICO). What do you use? Do you recommend?

Common ones I see...
            Identity Guard
            TrueCredit
            Equifax
            Experian
            Triple Advantage
            i used true creidt for awhile.. It was decent- it would update with your score every 24 hours. I just don't know how accurate the score actually was..
            Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
            341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
            Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
            Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Thanks for your input. It is amazing to me how difficult it is to obtain something that should be your given right to have.

Comment

true credit allows you to pull your transunion report including fico every day but allows you to update equifax and experian reports & scores only every 30 days from the last time you updated them. So if you update E & E reports on 6/1, you can pull them again as early as 7/1. If you don't pull them til 7/15, then the next time you can update them is 8/15.

You get email alerts about any changes to any of the 3 reports.

I haven't tried any of the others, but I think this one is useful for now. The alerts warn me about inquiries as well, and I feel like I have a little more more visibility to something that might be coming at me than if I didn't have it.
                Stopped paying CCs 1/1/2009
                Filed 10/2/2009 341 11/8/2009
                Discharged! 1/13/2009 I can hardly believe it....

Comment

If you have AAA, they just started a free service credit monitoring for members. I forget who it's through, but if you have AAA, worth looking into.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X