What happens if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens if?

I am about to file Chapter 7. My realtor called me last night and said she is showing the house today. Funny, wasn't being looked at for almost 8 months and now out of the blue.
    If I sell now, if I am lucky, will net maybe 10K in equity if it sells and closes quickly. Will this be an issue with filing? Do I get to keep the equity?
    Do I still file and then how does that work with the house on the market?
    Can someone tell me if they have any experience with:

File 7, have a home for sale........include house in BK.
    What's the tine line, what happens to the house, how long, etc?
    I am no longer living there.

File 7, house goes under contract and sells. What happens?
    Does the BK hold up the sale?

I guess I am wondering if it should come off the market.

I have a snowballs chance in h**l of getting any equity out of it at this point if it doesn't happen fast as those unpaid mortgage payments I am sure will be deducted from the equity?

How many unpaid payments? What is your states exemptions for cash? If you only get a couple grand, use it for your lawyer, food, blankets, needs, not wants. You should be fine and it would be better to sell the place and get a little than just giving it away. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I have only missed 2 payments.

What are the procedures with the house anyways if you don't stay there and doing BK? Does foreclosure get put off, does the trustee try and sell the place? Like do they put up huge auction signs.............
      Thanks goodeness I am 20 miles away!

I was going to do Deed in Lieu and lawyer said to file BK.

House was worth 485K 2 years ago.

Now on market for 279K~

I owe 239K

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X