interim health insurance, cobra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interim health insurance, cobra?

We are looking for interim health insurance. Seems like we can do a low monthly cost with a HIGH deductible (like $7-8K+) in case we have to use our insurance in that time, or vise versa. If we have to use it, we'll never be able to pay the deductible. Cobra is going to cost us about $450 a month. We are covered during the severance time, so we are looking for insurance when we don't have severance and possibly don't have a steady income. My child has a medical condition so we are at the dr. a lot. Can't afford to have her be sick because it could really be deadly.

Any suggestions?

Do you mind me asking what state you're in? Some states have programs to cover chronically ill children, without consideration for income.

Many of those programs are also strapped right now; has anyone mentioned applying for social security disability for your child? Getting it depends on the condition, and your doctor's cooperation, and luck - but it can mean guaranteed health coverage.

You'd still have to get insurance for yourself and your spouse, but I get the feeling your child's care is worrying you more than your own.
    Filed non-consumer no asset Chapter 7 on 7-12-10 after 4 foreclosures, 7 lawsuits including 2 deficiencies, 2 wage garnishments, a bank garnishment and a partridge in a pear tree. 341 held on 8-11-10. Discharge 11-4-10.

Comment

Note to everyone: please tell us your home state when posting, you can get much better advice that way.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Depending on your state paying the Cobra might be your only option, my mother is very sick and dad had to pay Cobra for several months after his heart surgery.
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X