top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with the emotional guilt of letting it all go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hamburgervol View Post
    You should then know that the Bible is very explicit about debt...

"At the end of every seven years you shall grant a release of debts. And this is the form of the release: Every creditor who has lent anything to his neighbor shall release it; he shall not require it of his neighbor or his brother, because it is called the LORD's release" (Deuteronomy 15:1-2).

The Bible refers to debt as a type of bondage: "...the borrower is a slave to the lender" (Proverbs 22:7). Thus, the debtor is a slave to the creditor. Interestingly, the Bible declares, at the end of the sixth year:

"...in the seventh year you shall let [your Hebrew slave] go free from you. And when you send him away free from you, you shall not let him go away empty-handed; but you shall supply him liberally from your flock..." (Deuteronomy 15:12-14).
    Every 7 years was the Jubilee (Year) where certain property rights were restored. After 7 Jubilees (7 X 7) there was another special Jubilee called the Golden Jubilee. The Jubilee occurred on the 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, 35th, 42nd and 49the year. The Golden Jubilee occurred on the 50th year. The Golden Jubilee restored everything back to its original form. If a person had sold his land, his land would be restored back to him. If a person had sold himself into slavery, he would become a freeman.

[b] This restoring of property rights was a novel idea and some historians suspect the Jews may have never practiced this part of the law to its fullest extend. Even today, this law is extremely novel but we find it as the basis of our bankruptcy laws today.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

I like all the posts hear. I'm new and I filed on Fri June 12th 09. ct date is July 20th 2009...talk about feeling worthless. I'm a single mom.I'm so scared everyone. I'm afraid they will find anything to stop my discharge after court. Maybe I'm just thinking too much.I get alimony and a small retirement from my ex. I lost my job a few weeks agao too.My Lawyer says they won't touch my alimony or retirement...I guess I have to trust him. You know all....I had to get on meds to sleep.Tell me it will all be better. I moved in with my boyfriend and he is a great help to me. I'm letting my condo go and my car.Once I get a discharge...will I be responsiable for any other fees if they have to forclose on the condo. I'm still paying the HOA's. Please write back
      filed June 12,09
      341 July 20,09
      deadline to object Sept 18,09

Comment

This article really helped us
        Thank you all so much for all the information I have received on this forum.
        Chapter 7 filed 04/02/2009
        341 Meeting 05/19/2009
        60 day club awaiting discharge

Comment

Originally posted by hamburgervol View Post
          You should then know that the Bible is very explicit about debt...

"At the end of every seven years you shall grant a release of debts. And this is the form of the release: Every creditor who has lent anything to his neighbor shall release it; he shall not require it of his neighbor or his brother, because it is called the LORD's release" (Deuteronomy 15:1-2).

The Bible refers to debt as a type of bondage: "...the borrower is a slave to the lender" (Proverbs 22:7). Thus, the debtor is a slave to the creditor. Interestingly, the Bible declares, at the end of the sixth year:

"...in the seventh year you shall let [your Hebrew slave] go free from you. And when you send him away free from you, you shall not let him go away empty-handed; but you shall supply him liberally from your flock..." (Deuteronomy 15:12-14).

Kinda sounds like someone follows the Crown Ministries Money classes.....
          Amen to that..they have helped my wife and I tremendously...
          Filed Chapter 7 June 5th,2009
          341 Scheduled July 9th, 2009
          60 day club memeber and counting.......
          Last day for Objections Sept 10,2009...

Comment

I think what your going through is normal as you can probably tell from the posts on this site. I have always paid my bills on time. At one point I charged groceries so instead of spending cash, I could pay the cc bill. I felt horrible at first, when I could no longer pay my cc bills, I called all of my creditors to tell them what was happening to only start getting calls a few days later. I realized they're going to do what they have to and so do I. You really have to do what is best for you in your situation, so don't feel bad.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X