Question about filing and creditors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about filing and creditors.

We won't be filing until the end of July or Early august because of a tax return that we are expecting.
    Having said that, what do we do about our credit card payments this month & next month? Should we just not pay them since we're filing CH 13?

What would you suggest?

Thanks.

No, I definitely would not pay them.

Comment

We are filing a 13 in July and August and we are not paying ours. It would be a huge waste of money.
      $124,000 unsecured debt
      $700 a month for 36 months.
      Case completed 6/15/12, waiting on papers!

Comment

so how do you deal with the creditor harrassment (I mean calls) before you file?

Comment

Ignore it or give them your attorney's phone number.

Comment

Your lawyer should have told you to not pay them. So do not.

They will call. I suggest you ignore the calls where you can, and in some cases answer the phone and give them your lawyers name.

I am not sure that they will stop calling once they have the name of esq. as until you officially file you are not a BK until you file.

At least you know when the end is in sight.
            Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
            Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
            341 Meeting 01/05/2009
            Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

It's probably a good idea to keep a pen & paper along with your Attorney's name and phone number handy at ALL phones you use. My opinion - I would talk to them One Time. When they call & go through their spill... ask them if they are ready to take information. Give them your name & phone # of Attorney only. If they ask if you are filing BK, say 'you will have to call my Attorney for any information. Thank You. Have Good Day/Night.' Hang up.I don't believe you will get very many phone calls IF you are filing in July or August.

Yes, Stop paying CCs if you haven't used the Balance Transfer method or deposited a CC check in the past 3 months or made any large/luxury charges. Some Attorney's will say it's best to put at least 3 months distance between the above. Other Attorney's will say it's okay to charge small amounts.

Some Attorneys' will say answer the phone, while others will say don't answer the phone. I let each of our CCs' know at least once. Of course, most haven't received a payment since late last Sept.

Luci

Comment

I would not answer the phone - a waste of energy.
                Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X