Newbie Here - Saying Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Here - Saying Hello

Just wanted to say that I've been lurking and reading here for quite a while, and I have to say a tremendous "thank you" to everyone that's posted good information on this site.

I met with lawyer #2 today for the first time - lawyer #1 was a dud, and this one I got on a referral from my tax attorney (yup - got one of those too).

Thanks to everyone here, I walked into that meeting fully prepared, and with a list of intelligent questions. New Lawyer actually said he was impressed with the scope of material I brought to this initial meeting.

And I was impressed with him. So, he's hired. Especially when he agreed with my assessment that I am a "Chapter 7 Poster Child".

Gave him his 1st installment today. Looking toward a July filing date (just got to scrape together the rest of the cash).

I cannot begin to describe the feeling of relief that is soaking me right now, and I'm tremendously grateful this site exists.

Hope y'all welcome me to your midst!
    Moving ahead with my fresh start!
    Ch 7 Discharge: 12/14/2009
    TT Report of No Dist! 03/31/2010
    Case CLOSED!!!: 04/28/2010

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place (as you know) to get answers questions you may have. Everyone here has been just wonderful. I too lurked for a couple of months before posting to get a vibe for this place and I have not been disappointed. We look forward to getting to know you!
    Filed: 8-19-09
    341: 9-21-09
    Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

Hello and Welcome!

I, too, am new to this forum. I lurked for a couple months before posting. I try not to be too much of a pest. But when I have a question...this is the place I come to for answers. It's good to know I'm not alone and that I WILL get through this.
      Stopped paying CC...April 2009
      Filed CH 7 no-asset...Aug. 19, 2009
      341 meeting...Sept. 22, 2009
      DISCHARGED Nov. 24, 2009 CLOSED Dec. 9, 2009

Comment

thank you both!

I keep telling myself "one step at a time"......
        Moving ahead with my fresh start!
        Ch 7 Discharge: 12/14/2009
        TT Report of No Dist! 03/31/2010
        Case CLOSED!!!: 04/28/2010

Comment

Welcome to the both of you!! This forum will do its best to help answer questions and, best of all, provide support as you make those difficult decisions.

You will get through it, though it may not seem like it at the time, but life DOES get better. Good luck and may God bless!!!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Welcome

Good Luck to you both
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Hey there last2cents and Welcome!

Hubby found this forum last Oct. and registered using part of his 'real name' - Doofus LOL! I've spent days, nights reading Posts, using the 'Search' feature and asking questions.

We retained our BK Attorney late last Sept. I submitted several spreadsheets when interviewing the only two Attornies near our small town. Both overlooked some monthly monies I was receiving, at that time. We would be in a Chapter 13 had DH not found this forum as those monies were deemed Income. Last monies received 2/09. So we will be filing in 9/09 as I wanted to be under our State's (AR) Median Income.

As you said 'one step at a time' or your mind will become muddled

Luci

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X