Feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time

We have been fighting this debt to try to make a few hundred dollars progress on one card then have to pay that progress for some emergency for about 7 years. We haven't had any family vacations other than one that was paid for by my parents this year in 10 years. We work 60-70 hours a week each. We are exhausted and have nothing going right for us.

All of the sudden, last night when talking about our appointment with the attorney next week and realizing that there is no problem with qualifying for chapter 7, I just felt an incredible peace and hope. Like I am being let out of prison.

I woke up this morning with a song in my mind and heart, that hasn't happened in years. I feel like we are going to get our life back.

Is this normal? This is such a huge step, I should be terrified, worried etc, I am not, just happy.

The hardest part for me and DH was just making the decision to file. You go through so many emotions and feel like you have failed. However, once you realize there is no other recourse and they created BK for a reason, you start to feel a little better. Once you start going on the process, it's like getting a new lease on life.

Enjoy your newfound happiness...I am sure it is long overdue!

Good luck!
    CH 7 Filed 6/26/09
    341 Meeting 7/27/09
    Last day for objections: 9/25/09
    When life gives you lemons, slice them and add to your Margarita!!

Comment

Originally posted by needachance View Post
      All of the sudden, last night when talking about our appointment with the attorney next week and realizing that there is no problem with qualifying for chapter 7, I just felt an incredible peace and hope. Like I am being let out of prison.
      Same here. We haven't met with the attorney yet, but we have made the decision. When the decision was made, a huge burden was lifted. It's no longer a matter of "what do we do", because we're doing it.

Taking the time to plan...
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Same with us. I have been so stressed out over these bills for so long that hearing the words "stop paying your bills if you are certain you are going to file" from our attorney gave me a huge feeling of relief that I have been feeling guilty over. Silly, feeling guilty because I feel relief but that is the rollercoaster I am on.

OP - enjoy the feeling, I am sure you deserve it!
        Filed: 8-19-09
        341: 9-21-09
        Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X