Now come on...how did the fridge know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now come on...how did the fridge know?

That we cannot use any credit cards now, even for emergency? Seriously? I think that everything we have failed to maintain is going to break now.

We rent, have very low rent because we do all the maintainance and a friend owns the unit. So now everything is going to hit I suppose.

Originally posted by needachance View Post
    That we cannot use any credit cards now, even for emergency? Seriously? I think that everything we have failed to maintain is going to break now.

We rent, have very low rent because we do all the maintainance and a friend owns the unit. So now everything is going to hit I suppose.
    Don't feel lonely Sweetie. Let's see what are those sayings:

When it rains, it pours
    Things happen in threes

Our A\C broke during a horrific thunderstorm. Electricity was off for 24 hrs & discover A\C wouldn't work when Electricity came on at 2 pm Sat. Hubby had to leave at 4 pm as he is a Truck Driver.

Me and our furkid (a shih tzu) lived through the heat with ceiling fans, a fan on a pole & a box fan. Got brother-in-law deal from a guy my son went to school with. Pipe was clogged, fuse blown & 2 lbs./gals.? of freon. Son's friend asked if I wanted him to bill from co. or pay him. Duh..paid him, He said write me a check for $100.

It also caused our carpet in the hallway to be soaked. Because of winds of 70 mph, many places of our privacy fence will have to be repaired. Son has promised the last two weeks to fix fence & rip up carpet as he owns his own construction business. Now, he says this coming week. We will see LOL!

See if you can Barter with someone. Let it be known at workplace what has broken. You would be suprised at your(s) co-workers who might have experience. Might be a single guy who would love a home cooked meal. Ya just never know until word is spread.

Belt broke on riding lawnmower & hubby happened to mention it to a fellow truck driver. Gee, he works on lawnmower. One Sunday, he & his 16 yr. old son came over and spent 2 hours fixing it. Would he let me pay him? No! He said about 18 yrs. ago, he & his wife were facing BK. He said 'that's what friends are for'. I started crying.

Comment

Also, hop on freecycle.org see if anyone has a working fridge to give you - you would be surprised at how many free things you can get just by asking.
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

check out garage sales, you can pick a decent one up for 100.00 or craigslist, all the people in foreclosure are selling their appliances.

you can get a great deal.

I sold one at a garage sale a couple months ago for 100.00, the first guy that came by bought it.

5 minutes and it was gone

Comment

Yard sales, I hate them!!!! But if you need something for the house and have little money, load up and lets go.

Got a nice generic Washer and Dryer for $50 at a yard sale being held by a couple divorcing and had to sell everything.

PS: by the way, I have an extra Fridge from our Rental house, PM me where you are.
          Filed 5/27/09
          341 7/2/09
          341 held
          Discharge and closed 9/4/09

Comment

Thanks Rick, actually found one on Craigs list for 75 dollars, we are picking it up today. Thanks for the suggestions. We paid cash for it and fixed a problem without even needing our credit cards!

We actually rent where we live but the appliances are ours and we are supposed to do all of the maintenance like carpet cleaning etc for very low rent (condo owned by a friend who didn't want to deal with tenants). But if he ever shows up here he is probably going to want to charge higher rent so he can take care of the issues around here. Maybe that can be some of the spending that will need to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by needachance View Post

Your fridge knew the exact same way our fridge, microwave, pool pump and dishwasher knew. Glad you found a good fridge!
              Filed Chapter 7: Feb. 9, 2012
              341 Meeting: March 14, 2012
              Discharged & Closed: May 21, 2012

Comment

My car has a wi-fi link to my bank account. Soon as the balance nears zero, boom! Breakdown!

I can't figure out how to disable that function, it wasn't in the freakin manual that came with my car?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X