top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it wrong to feel relief and very hopeful during BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found it to be a GREAT relief!.
    Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
    341- April 28, 2010;
    Confirmed May 25, 2010;
    $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

I'm so glad to see this post. I have been in denial for way too long. I am not married, so it has been a challenge to go through this alone. I was close to losing my house and after over 25 years of excellent credit and never missing a payment, I had to make a decision: pay what little money I had to keep a roof over my head and food on the table or pay the credit cards. It was an easy choice.

I got into this situation because of some misfortunate--contracted work that ending abruptly which made me ineligible for unemployment compensation, but I also made some poor financial choices too. I never thought I would be in this situation, but I am, so now I have to do what is best for myself now and in the future. I feel like I have learned from some of the poor choices I have made, so that even if misfortunate hits again, I will be better prepared. I am planning on filing within the next month and I feel like it is a fresh start. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
      Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
      341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
      Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Good luck Kartoons and yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My husband lost his job after 39 years. Not old enough to draw retirement and unemployment denied. That event really just accelerated what would have eventually happened anyway. At first I was so devastated about bk, and did not see it as a new beginning. Every trip to the atty.'s office had me in tears. It takes a little time to get accustomed to it, but it has been for the best, and as I said bk would have eventually been the result anyway. Finally I got to the point where I wanted to get the bk filed and took the attitude that I could never make the last payment until I made the first payment so let's get on with it. We have a large payment of $1240.00 a month, but it is so worth it to be out from under the hell we had created. Again, good luck, and like most things in life, it is mostly about attitude.
        Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
        341- April 28, 2010;
        Confirmed May 25, 2010;
        $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Similar in that I take care of the bills. He was aware of every CC charge and/or transfer but just didn't care as long as the bills were paid on time. I felt like I always had to have a trick up my sleeve to save the day and pay everything each month.

The final straw was when we couldn't afford the payments for a 12-months same as cash furnace and C/A units and the year was up. I knew everything was going to come crashing down if I couldn't make those payments (we stupidly bet our income tax refund would pay it off, it did not). Short of winning the lottery I had no idea how to get everything paid. I started making calls, heloc, re-fi the house, signature loan and try to settle, credit counseling, finally to bk attorneys. We had NO idea we could keep the house and cars and file.

I didn't realize how much of my stress was money related. I thought I was doing fine because I could pay everything even if I had to rob Peter to pay Paul every few months. What a relief! I'm so happy now and it's overflowing in other areas including my marriage.
          attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
          no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
          341, 05/10/2010
          discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X