Discharged In Phoenix Recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged In Phoenix Recently?

Were you discharged in the Phoenix District recently.
    Just curious as to how long it took.
    We are an no assets case and awaiting discharge.
    We were hoping it would be today but no so far according to PACER so I guess we miss the 4th of July weekend.
    This is day 66 for us according to PACER.
    Maybe next week after the long weekend?

Call the clerk and ask how long DC are taking, very nicely.

I did and they discharged me while I was on the phone with them.

The key is being sweet as pie

I am in California, though.

Comment

Good idea.
      I called them and man are they busy!
      They say they only do the reports once a week and that they are generally discharging cases now 7-10 days after the final complaint date which for us was 6/23.
      So he said it we should be discharged sometime next week now.
      So total time is this district is now running about 75 days or so it would appear.

Comment

Thats not too bad compared to some districts. MIne was close to 90 days and I called or it porbably would have been lonnger.

At least you have something to look forward to next week.

Comment

When we left the 341 the trustee told us to expect to hear something within 65 days and I ask the attorney why "65" days on the way out.
          He said that just gives the court time to act. He also said that if I have not heard something by then to contact him with a reminder which I did. All his response said was give it more time.
          So I guess they are just running a little longer time wise than they expected back in April when we had the meeting. I have to wonder what the trustee is telling people at the 341 hearing now time wise. I think I would tell them 75 days in this district for a straight forward case. We will be at that time frame if our case is discharged during next week as the court clerk predicted.
          But what's a couple of weeks longer when you are no longer getting those phone calls anyway?

Comment

Plus it is kind of nice being protected by the stay.

In the odd event anything weird did come up , like a utility being threatened to be disconnected, you can pull the old BK stay card on them.

I was all gung ho for my discharge too, and then after I called and asked for it, I was thinking-sheesh, that was kind of dumb , I just had a wonderful safety net pulled out from under me on my own volition.

It is nice to get it over and done with a have that discharge, though. Gives you that finality to it and you breathe a relief that the TT hasn't changed their mind about something-even though they typically don't after the 60 days is up..

Comment

Yes the court clerk told us that 6/23 was the deadline for much of anything in the way of filings by anyone that could happen.
              I guess from that point on it's pretty automatic.
              It's just that after waiting for the income to fall off for the chapter 7 after the loss of the job for the wife for medical reasons this has been a long haul.
              We first saw the attorney in Oct and wanted to file then.
              When he explained how chapter 13 was we did not like they way it worked.
              He told us that being only on retirement now and having little left with our current rental home and no assets to worry about that we could go chapter 7but it would have to wait.
              In the meantime they sold the home and RV we surrendered and that left us with nothing but unsecured so I guess that was good.
              But that 5 months that we had to wait to file was the longest 5 months of our lives!
              We see the discharge as the end of that chapter in our lives.
              Unfortunately it appears that both of our kids and their spouses are following us into BK. 3 of the 4 are out of work and even if they can get reemployed they will make a lot less money which does not pay the bills they have.
              Just a sign of the times I guess.
              I just read an article that stated that within the first 250 business days of 2009 that the BKs have averaged 5,075 per day! Pretty high and bad for a lot of people.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X