WoW, got a threatening call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WoW, got a threatening call

We have retained an attorney and will be filing chapter 7 within a month. Have our phone set to go into our voice mail most of the time. Checked my messages today and a man left a message. He said my name, "you need to contact me about a very serious matter or you will be in big trouble." He did not leave a phone number or name of the company, law office, nothing. I am sure this is in regards to one of our accounts that we have quit paying on. He sounded threatening on the message, I would have called him back but he left no contact information. If he calls again, and does leave a message, should I call back and just give my attorney's name and phone number, or just ignore it?
    Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
    Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
    DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

I would just let it go to voicemail since you are so close to filing. My fear was always if I told them before I acutally filed, they would try do to something to mess that up. Believe me, some will still call until you have actually filed regardless of giving them the atty info. beforehand.
    CH 7 Filed 6/26/09
    341 Meeting 7/27/09
    Last day for objections: 9/25/09
    When life gives you lemons, slice them and add to your Margarita!!

Comment

Ignore it.
      Just filed when you plan to.
      You should be aware however that when you quit answering the phones that they will start calling relatives or references that you listed on credit apps.
      That's just the way they do business.

Comment

Reminds me of a message I got a couple of months ago, the voice said, "okay Mrs. Liz417, the game is OVER, we need to take care of this matter right now! Please call me at xxxxx, I will be in my office tonight waiting for YOUR phone call!" At first I was a little scared, oh no was my "game up"?....what was I going to do?, I hadn't retained a new attorney (1st one quit just that month)! It had almost been a year since I had stopped paying my creditors and I had already told them that I was filing a ch 13!! Was I going to be sued?!? Being the procrastinator that I was, I did nothing....and nothing ever came of it
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the responses! Since we are filing soon, I am just going to ignore this type of menacing message on our voice mail. I don't need the stress of someone trying to intimidate me or shame me, we need to focus on getting through this process and starting all over again.
          Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
          Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
          DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X