top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, I didn't think a FICO score could be that bad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I didn't think a FICO score could be that bad!

I was just on one of my cc's website printing copies of statements before they shut me out and they had a feature on it that said "Get your free TransRisk Score from TransUnion". So I clicked and it said my score was 294!!!!!!! Holy cow!!!!! I didn't think it could get that low! I haven't paid my cc's since February, but it sure didn't take long for my over 700 to drop like a freakin' rock! Sheeesh!

Oh well.
    Lying awake at night...
    Waiting to file...
    Roughly $34,000 in credit card debt

That's not your FICO score.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
      That's not your FICO score.
      You're right. I went in and read the information and it says it is not a FICO score, but is TransUnion's own credit score. But still........UGH!
      Lying awake at night...
      Waiting to file...

Comment

Originally posted by DownNotOut View Post
        You're right. I went in and read the information and it says it is not a FICO score, but is TransUnion's own credit score. But still........UGH!
        DNO, why worry about credit? Go cash only. This is what we are doing and it works pretty good. We can't bounce checks, we pay what we can afford that we owe, we purchased bargain stuff and flea market, and we now have never been happier. It works for us. Try it. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          DNO, why worry about credit?
          I don't know, I have a morbid curiosity about my own. Kind of like looking at that car you wrecked as a teenager

Comment

Originally posted by DownNotOut View Post
            I was just on one of my cc's website printing copies of statements before they shut me out and they had a feature on it that said "Get your free TransRisk Score from TransUnion". So I clicked and it said my score was 294!!!!!!! Holy cow!!!!! I didn't think it could get that low! I haven't paid my cc's since February, but it sure didn't take long for my over 700 to drop like a freakin' rock! Sheeesh!

Oh well.
            You are braver than I. I don't have the guts to look. I also had a very good FICO score around 708. It took me a long time to get it up there. We are also going to file this Monday, but still have some things that need to be worked out. All I do is worry all the time. Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsbel62 View Post
              You are braver than I. I don't have the guts to look. I also had a very good FICO score around 708. It took me a long time to get it up there. We are also going to file this Monday, but still have some things that need to be worked out. All I do is worry all the time. Terrible.
              What is accomplished by your worrying? Recovering alcoholics, and I'm sure others, try to live by the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
              To accept the things I cannot change;
              Courage to change the things I can;
              And wisdom to know the difference.

This is a fantastic way to handle life.
              Last edited by OhioFiler; 07-16-2009, 10:17 AM. Reason: Added "Recovering"
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

What is accomplished by your worrying? Recovering alcoholics, and I'm sure others, try to live by the Serenity Prayer:

Well Said
                Filed on 7-17-09
                waiting for 341
                341 meeting 8-21-09
                discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                  DNO, why worry about credit? Go cash only. This is what we are doing and it works pretty good. We can't bounce checks, we pay what we can afford that we owe, we purchased bargain stuff and flea market, and we now have never been happier. It works for us. Try it. 'Hub
                  Yeah, 'Hub, that's my plan. I plan on never using credit again. I'm not worried about it. God provides pretty well when I get out of the way!
                  Lying awake at night...
                  Waiting to file...

Comment

I have wondered what has happened to my credit score since I filed (it was around 703 a month or two before I stopped paying my cards.) Anyway, I have come to the conclusion that the FICO score is a scam created by banks and financial institutions to get you to borrow money for things you can't afford. The bad thing is that it is a social status symbol now and it's sad that this "number" defines you in our society. So with this way of thinking, I am revolting and I plan on never pulling my score again. My dad has never EVER had credit, probably has an extremely low score, and he is doing fine without it.
                    CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
                    Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

294 must be some kind of record.

Those old 45 records are worth some money now a days.
                      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

thanks for that. I get stressed sometimes.

Comment

I'm hoping my score is zero and I never ever another credit card app again. I hope the credit card companies ban me for life. Think they would if I asked? ;)
                          6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
                          10/06/2009 Discharged
                          01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

I couldn't possibly agree more, this has always been one of my favorites and I actually have a frame with a beloved pet who died by a horrible accident that has this saying on it.

I can't imagine wanting to know my score. It frightens me to even think about looking. Someday maybe, but not now and not anytime soon. Frankly my guess is good enough right now, and my guess is it's pretty bad.

We do cash only now. With school registration coming up which between both my kids, 1 jr high $109, 1 high school $199, and no idea how I will pay, let alone buy school clothes and supplies, hours cut at work for dh. Do I care about my credit score? Nope. I guess we will see if we can get assistance on books, or make payments. I really wish I lived in a state that didn't charge book fees for old used books for their kids! Sorry I wondered off there for a minute.
                            Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

One that I just heard weeks ago. It struck me kind of hard.
                              I hope it helps you as well.

Confederate Soldier's Prayer

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve,
                              I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked God for health, that I might do greater things,
                              I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
                              I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
                              I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life,
                              I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for
                              - but everything I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
                              I am among men, most richly blessed.

Found on the body of a Southern soldier
                              1861-1865
                              260 weeks down / 0 to go! Awaiting close & discharge.

The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing. ~John Powell

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X