No announcement yet.

considering filing BK... welcome your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing in the bk code specifies that a bk filing must be for an emergency or, any other reason. Bk is a legal right. If your debts are overwhelming it's a viable option. Bk is nothing but a business decision. Are you better off filing or not filing. Just that simple.

Comment

If a guy like Paul Allen can file for bankruptcy, so can I.
      9/30/09 * Filed Ch7
      11/9/09 * 341 - Uneventful
      1/11/10 * Closed

Comment

Originally posted by sigferl View Post
        Thanks for your post ob. It is my humble opinion that you should not file BK because BK is should only be for severe permanent medical disabilites and I do not see that in your post.

If you file BK while making $200k without having an emergency like job loss, death, disability then EVERYONE should file BK because everyone has lost money in the stock market and real estate.

You mentioned not having a cleaning lady, what do you think is frugal living verses luxury items?

I know that it is unpopular to have a post advising against BK but many people have solved their own debt problems and are very grateful for not filing BK.

Has anyone suggested a second job?

God Bless America
        There is no reason for him not to exercise his Constitutional Rights within the course of the law, your opinion is irrelevant as it does not coincide with the law of the land. God has blessed America more than any other nation, he inspired the Founding Fathers with a blueprint of freedom called the United States Constitution which in Article I Section 8 establishes bankruptcy as a legal right. You know of course the Bible requires forgiveness of debt every 7 years if you go by a very strict interpretation of the laws codified by Moses which where given to him by God.

Olegbro please continue to consult with your lawyer, perhaps another way will be found, but if you need to have a fresh start, and can find no other way then Bankruptcy is there for you and the reason the Founding Fathers gave it to us was because they realized that many of us get caught in bad situations oftentimes influenced by those other than ourselves and wanted to be sure we had the freedom to escape efforts that might make us serfs as the crown once sought to make the colonists.
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Well on that point I don't think abuse the system, I just got caught when the economy went bad with a new business and high fuel prices. I tried everything I could to do anything but BK and realized I just couldn't dig out.
          Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
          341 Meeting 6/5/09
          Discharged 8/5/09
          Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

My first choice would be to declare myself a bank holding company and take federal money .... if that fails, BK is plan B.
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

let me clarify my "divorce" statements. As for many on this board, potential BK I am considering is both an indicator and a cause for family and personal problems.

Family problem and looming divorce begun much earlier than financial troubles. In retrospect, finance and business decisions fallen victim to unresolved and depressed problems that me and my wife had NOT dealt with. When your heart and mind constantly try to handle rotten reality and emotional pain - my guess, there is NO moment to make financial and business decision that require tranquility and focus.

Oleg B

Comment

You have a legal right to file, a contitutional right. No one should be an endentured servant. You don't need to have a reason to file BK, other than wanting a fresh start. It is your right to dismiss all of those debts, if you want too. What will suffer is you credit score, thats it. The real estate market is not coming back anytime soon, and how long would it take to buy back all that unsecured debt. Start Fresh
                Filed Aug 28 2009
                341 Oct 2 2009-Asset Case
                Discharged Dec 16 2009
                Waiting for tax return and asset buy back to close

Comment

Originally posted by olegbro View Post
                  let me clarify my "divorce" statements. As for many on this board, potential BK I am considering is both an indicator and a cause for family and personal problems.

Family problem and looming divorce begun much earlier than financial troubles. In retrospect, finance and business decisions fallen victim to unresolved and depressed problems that me and my wife had NOT dealt with. When your heart and mind constantly try to handle rotten reality and emotional pain - my guess, there is NO moment to make financial and business decision that require tranquility and focus.

Oleg B
                  You might try marriage counseling. It is really up to how much effort you and your wife are willing to go to to save the marriage, and most likely compromise will be needed and an understanding that we are not perfect people, and that we have to sometimes overlook the foibles of others in order to have a more satisfying life.

If you are to the point that you do not feel the marriage can be saved, then it might be better to speak to a divorce attorney together and see what advice they might give in the matter. Most likely you'd each have to have your own separate attorney I think though for divorce.
                  May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                  July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                  September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X