Tomorrow is my 60th day. Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is my 60th day. Question.

If I get no issues of import does that mean that then it is just a matter of time before I get my discharge?

The last thing I head was:

"Notice of Assets (no bar date for claims is required). Meeting of creditors held and concluded".

This was on 6/5/09 and the last day for objections was 6/11/09.
    Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Originally posted by Lajazz947 View Post
    If I get no issues of import does that mean that then it is just a matter of time before I get my discharge?

The last thing I head was:

"Notice of Assets (no bar date for claims is required). Meeting of creditors held and concluded".

This was on 6/5/09 and the last day for objections was 6/11/09.
    TODAY is my 60th day. Anyone have any ideas what happens given my comment above?

Thanks.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

If you were ruled an asset case, have you had any paperwork from the trustee regarding a possible sale of the assets, or any movement toward allowing you to purchase them back from the BK estate?
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
        If you were ruled an asset case, have you had any paperwork from the trustee regarding a possible sale of the assets, or any movement toward allowing you to purchase them back from the BK estate?

Hi Angelina, good to hear from you.

Not one single thing. I think that they are looking at my lawsuit against the guy who took my pension money.

Comment

Do you mind if I piggyback with a question?

I know this is probably asked by every single person on here, but someone please tell me that it's totally ok and normal that we've reached the end of our 60 days and we're still not discharged...

This is totally normal and ok and it's just a matter of time, right?
          Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
          341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Originally posted by BkinTX View Post
            Do you mind if I piggyback with a question?

I know this is probably asked by every single person on here, but someone please tell me that it's totally ok and normal that we've reached the end of our 60 days and we're still not discharged...

This is totally normal and ok and it's just a matter of time, right?
            From everything that I have heard and read it is totally normal depending on your district and how backed up they are.

I am in Los Angeles so I KNOW that they are backed up. I heard that they are taking 4 to 6 weks longer in our district. I will keep all posted if I hear anything.

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance.

Best wishes!
              Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
              341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Originally posted by BkinTX View Post
                Thanks for the reassurance.

Best wishes!
                Does anyone from Southern california have any input on this? I am now almost two weeks past my 60 days.

Thanks

Comment

The last day for objections in our case is 10/5/09. Our attorney said if we don't see our discharge my mid-November to let him know. So that pretty much tells me that So. Cal. is running about 4 to 6 weeks behind.
                  Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                  341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                  Discharged: 11/30/2009
                  Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

It definitely depends on the district/court as I am in San Diego and the process is automated, I was discharged on the 61st day precisely and was closed a few days afterwards.
                    Filed 5/12/09
                    341 6/11/09
                    discharged 8/11/09
                    Closed 8/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by Lajazz947 View Post
                      Does anyone from Southern california have any input on this? I am now almost two weeks past my 60 days.

Thanks
                      Hey, Lajazz, you doing good? Been awhile. Yes, it takes some time. We were asset but it took six months. The 13th of the month a year ago we were discharged, but to date, still not closed.

Not to worry. Check PACER and the dates of schedules and your docket. You are probably just like the rest of us. Wanting finalization. We still are not closed, but it does not matter. We are discharged and have nothing to hide, so, we are happy. 'Hub
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                        Hey, Lajazz, you doing good? Been awhile. Yes, it takes some time. We were asset but it took six months. The 13th of the month a year ago we were discharged, but to date, still not closed.

Not to worry. Check PACER and the dates of schedules and your docket. You are probably just like the rest of us. Wanting finalization. We still are not closed, but it does not matter. We are discharged and have nothing to hide, so, we are happy. 'Hub
                        Hi Hub. Been hanging around waiting and waiting. I still don't know if the TT has anything on her mind. My attorney in my civil suit was going to call her and find out since her possible involvement in the case is holding up my amending my complaint against several other entities.

It's good to hear similar issues as far as timing on discharge goes. I expect the closing to take a while.

Thanks again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X