taking out money from retirement savings account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ando View Post
    If I rolled my retirement savings account to a liquid IRA would that be considered exempt?
    yes, but it has to be a direct rollover.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

as long as it stays in a retirement account (IRA, 401k, 403B etc) you'll be fine. DO NOT take a check. You don't want any mishaps with someone thinking you took the money out. Once you do that- it's fair game for the trustee to go after.
      Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
      341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
      Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
      Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

well, I am about to take an early out from job, and I have some money in my retirement account that I am planning to tap into to supplement my income. Since I will not be working anymore and I am not 62 yet. Therefore I will be taking monthly payments from account,is that doable without raising eyebrows?

Comment

Originally posted by ando View Post
          well, I am about to take an early out from job, and I have some money in my retirement account that I am planning to tap into to supplement my income. Since I will not be working anymore and I am not 62 yet. Therefore I will be taking monthly payments from account,is that doable without raising eyebrows?

since you said you're doing a ch 13- the monthly amount will be included in your income. So don't take out more than you need. It won't raise eyebrows- but you'll have to include it.
          Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
          341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
          Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
          Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X