Help Please, 341 on 8/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please, 341 on 8/25

After reading all these posts, not sure if I'm more or less nervous. I do have an issue though. I filed on 7/17/09. I got a letter from a place called Bass & Associates on 8/12 asking me to reaffirm, give back "collateral" or pay an agreed amount. The letter doesn't state what the collateral is that they want back, although I can guess. I bought a computer before filing with the intent that I would keep that one card open, make payments as part of the rebuilding process (my attorney told me to keep a card). What he didn't tell me was that I couldn't make payments after I filed.

My question is, what do I tell the trustee? I've read that they ask if you've used credit cards 90 days before filing. My attorney never asked me that question. Other than the computer, I only used them for gas, groceries and utility payments. I really had no idea i was going to file until about 2 weeks before I did it. One day i was calling an attorney, the next day I was in his office doing paperwork.

I feel sick. Any advice from someone who may have had a similar experience?

Your attorney will guide you in what to say. You should be fine. If they are trying to take the computer away, you may have to repay that debt, but if your other charges were for basic living expenses, gas, food, utilities, you'll be fine.
    Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
    341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
    Discharged: 11/30/2009
    Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

It is a question that may come up, but you will be prepared for it. Are you okay with reaffirming the debt? It sounds like your intentions were to pay it back, so worst case you have to reaffirm.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X